ADVERTISEMENT

King William & Graham 2A State Championship!

Yes it was and the fans that had them were respectful when they were used. I like them it adds to the atmosphere of the game. I also had the chance to speak to Claiborne after the game. Not only is he a great athlete but he is a great young and respectful man as well. The way he consoled Baker for Central after the game was a class act and the fact he took time to talk to the opposing teams fans after the game speaks highly of his character. They were good conversations and he had nothing but good things to say about the Central team and fans. Kudos to that young man.

There were cowbells and air horns at the KW central game. No one was searching and no announcements were made about not being able to use them.
The last time I was at Salem in 2018, they checked bags. No outside food or drinks & no artificial noisemakers per VHSL. There were cowbells & airhorns at the Appo/Graham game too but unless it’s changed State Championship game, they aren’t allowed.

Last edited:
The last time I was at Salem in 2018, they checked bags. No outside food or drinks & no artificial noisemakers per VHSL.
I believe the artificial noisemaker rule is a "national" rule. IIRC. It's rarely enforced.
I've seen this discussion and the "band playing during offensive possessions" also...for YEARS, but I've been a member for a long time, it just keeps getting rehashed. I don't know what the big deal is. I played. I never heard the crowd. I never heard the PA. I never heard the band. I was too damn focused with what was going on, on the field. Always somebody making decisions about things they don't know a damn thing about. Men and women making decisions that have never played a down of football. Typical.

The last time I was at Salem in 2018, they checked bags. No outside food or drinks & no artificial noisemakers per VHSL. There were cowbells & airhorns at the Appo/Graham game too but unless it’s changed State Championship game, they aren’t allowed.
In 2018 they wouldn't even let you take an umbrella in.

Reactions: Bama1985
In 2018 they wouldn't even let you take an umbrella in.
There's a chance of rain Saturday, we might get wet if they don't allow umbrellas. That's crazy, no umbrellas. I guess bring a poncho 😂😂.
I took my drinks & snacks back to my car in 2018 rather than adding them the collection at the gate. I was parked pretty close though, lol.

2018 was the year a ruckus or shooting took place somewhere and most every school required to only allow you to use a clear bag to bring stuff in. 2019 at Salem we were allowed to have cowbells and i carried a thermos of coffee in also.

They allowed bells two years ago in Salem.
Well, maybe it’s changed. I just know in 2018 they were checking bags for contraband 😂😂 I’ll throw my cow bells in my vehicle to tote in with me!!!!! 👍 Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
Well, maybe it’s changed. I just know in 2018 they were checking bags for contraband 😂😂 I’ll throw my cow bells in my vehicle to tote in with me!!!!! 👍 Thanks for the info!
Yea that was a big deal and I point blank asked and they said it was ok. I know in 2017 they didn’t allow us either but in 2015 and 2016 they did allow bells.
I would say you’d be fine but thats your call.

Watched some clips of the Claiborne kid, he’s the real deal. It’s going to be a real treat seeing him and Bradshaw on the same field. I hope Graham’s defense can stop whatever KW throws our way and I’m sure KW feels the same about Graham. Hopefully, it’s a game for the ages! Is KW driving down the day of the game? I know Graham is but it’s only about 1 hour & 45 minutes.

Watched some clips of the Claiborne kid, he’s the real deal. It’s going to be a real treat seeing him and Bradshaw on the same field. I hope Graham’s defense can stop whatever KW throws our way and I’m sure KW feels the same about Graham. Hopefully, it’s a game for the ages! Is KW driving down the day of the game? I know Graham is but it’s only about 1 hour & 45 minutes.
KW is coming up on Friday. It's about a 3.5 hour drive from KW, and with a noon kickoff, it only makes sense for them to leave on Friday. If not, they'd probably have to leave at 6am on Saturday morning and that's a lot

Reactions: gwb16 and 19GHS87
KW is coming up on Friday. It's about a 3.5 hour drive from KW, and with a noon kickoff, it only makes sense for them to leave on Friday. If not, they'd probably have to leave at 6am on Saturday morning and that's a lot
That would be a lot to have to leave that early. Hope y’all have a safe trip. I-81 is a mess anytime of the day.

I miss the "good ole days", when I would travel to KW and Graham a couple times a season, to scout them.

I always like traveling to Mitchell Stadium in Bluefield. The mountains are neat and lots of history at that stadium from legendary Bluefield Beavers teams and Graham teams, and even Marshall and VT played there back in the day. Even Graham, UVA, and NFL legend Bullet Bill Dudley played in that stadium. So many great ones have played at Mitchell like Vic Hall, Anthony Poindexter and Jefferson Forest, Bradshaw, Mike Compton, Yubrenal Isabelle, Don Danko (former Graham 1st team All American and Kentucky great), some great Salem teams, legendary Eddy Joyce teams, the Roger's Brothers from Gate City, Gary Clark and Pulaski County, Jason Whitten and Elizabethton, and just countless history. Mitchell Stadium is a magical place to see. For High School football fans, you can just feel the history of that place and all the NFL players that have been on that field when watching a game there.

(GHS FB page) No umbrellas, chairs, canopies, outside food or beverages per VHSL, nothing about cowbells 👍

Let’s make some noise folks!

So sitting here watching the JMU- Montana game and wanted to know if they recruit any local kids from that area to play there ! Only a few comes to mind and that goes back awhile I played against Charles Haley and Lindsey fleahman from appo went there .

Gridiron is already on the edge of his seat ! 😆
Man it’s going to be a good one ! Guess KW is town tonight , Graham driving up in the morning?

I’ve been on the edge of my seat since before the Appo game 😂! I’ll feel like puking 🤢 when they kick it off. 🤣 Hopefully, I’ll get over it fast but unlikely. 😂

It’s less than a two hour drive for Graham, they’re leaving in the morning. According to FB , KW left late this morning. I’m presuming they stopped somewhere to practice since they left so early in the day.

I’ve been on the edge of my seat since before the Appo game 😂! I’ll feel like puking 🤢 when they kick it off. 🤣 Hopefully, I’ll get over it fast but unlikely. 😂

It’s less than a two hour drive for Graham, they’re leaving in the morning. According to FB , KW left late this morning. I’m presuming they stopped somewhere to practice since they left so early in the day.
That’s awesome bud ! The sense of pride you feel when those kids come out At the beginning of game is over the top !

They practiced at Ferrum this afternoon

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT