ADVERTISEMENT

King William & Graham 2A State Championship!

I’ve been on the edge of my seat since before the Appo game 😂! I’ll feel like puking 🤢 when they kick it off. 🤣 Hopefully, I’ll get over it fast but unlikely. 😂

It’s less than a two hour drive for Graham, they’re leaving in the morning. According to FB , KW left late this morning. I’m presuming they stopped somewhere to practice since they left so early in the day.
Lol! Felt the same way! Now my sons are done it isn’t as bad but still there.
You have someone on the team?

Reactions: Gridiron1960
This might be one of the best games today. Good luck to all. I’ll be watching on NHFS. I’ll pulling a little bit more for KW but both teams are outstanding.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
My best friend is one of the assistants. He said the boys are ready! I hope he’s right! 🤞
Take in all the euphoria and stand proud win or lose it's an historical event to be remembered by all. Keep your emotions in check and praise all of the young men and coaches and then make even more noise. Welcoming the players back to the school afterwards has been a major highlight for me. Good luck to both teams, lets play good clean game and pray no players get hurt.

Weather looking a lot better for a noon kickoff ! Galax & Riverheads might not get as lucky. 🤞rain holds off!! I hate sitting in the rain watching football 😂 but it’s not about
Me and jer are here in salem for 2 games

The wind is picking up and dark clouds are moving in at Salem stadium. King William still leads 28-21 at 7:49 mark of third quarter.
#hcfh

King William goes up 34-21 on 36 yard run by quarterback. The rain is here.
#hcfh

I said it weeks ago, king william would have to beat themselves or the opposing team had to scored at least 60+ points.
That 3-4 touchdown comment didn’t sit right with KW. Eat Crow. KW by 4 TDS lol. They should have won it last year too and we’re robbed by Covid. Congrats everyone! 21 years in the making for KW.

KW running game was far too much for Graham. Congrats!! See you guys next year.

Question though, did Bradshaw catch Claiborne on the 2nd to last drive at the 1? Appeared on NFHS Bradshaw had some wheels from behind.

Reactions: 19GHS87
Claiborne was the best player on the field just slightly ahead of Bradshaw. Not that it matters but the QB was only a gnats eyelash behind them as well. That was two very impressive teams and a joy to watch.

Reactions: vman3196
KW running game was far too much for Graham. Congrats!! See you guys next year.
Graham had two starters out on defense and you’re right, couldn’t stop running game without our outside linebackers. Blevins has been playing with a hairline fracture the past three weeks. Kid is a beast! Played with his whole heart & guts! Kudos to KW! They beat out butts, lol!

Last edited:
Graham had two starters out on defense and you’re right, couldn’t stop running game without our outside linebackers. Blevins has been playing with a hairline fracture the past three weeks. Kid is a beast! Played with his whole heart & guts! Kudos to KW! They beat out butts, lol!
Would have liked to see Graham at full strength, but KW was the better team today. Graham's inability to adjust on offense was a little puzzling KW was obviously stacking the box to stop the run and Graham continued to run right at them The lack of a short passing game really hurt Graham as well. (This has been an issue all season). Somebody needs to have a discussion with the O.C. about diversifying the offense a bit. Graham was able to use a limited playbook all season and it hurt them when it mattered the most. Grahams QB couldn't get away from pressure like he did throughout the season due to his injury. He seemed off with his passing too, throwing off his back foot. Congrats to KW, very good team. Very impressive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT