ADVERTISEMENT

King William/Nottoway not on NFHS

Oct 20, 2021
Nottoway, you guys have an incredible team, but this is a pis@ poor take if the game is not on. NFHS suggests it's not on, unless something changes in the next day or so. It's 2021 Nottoway, you have a great team and it's the Region Title Game, poor effort by your AD. Simple as that.

Last edited:
King William, you guys have an incredible team, but this is a pis@ poor take if the game is not on. NFHS suggests it's not on, unless something changes in the next day or so. It's 2021 KW, you have a great team and it's the Region Title Game, poor effort by your AD. Simple as that.
Well this game is at Nottoway, so KW wouldn't be responsible for NFHS Network for this game anyways

Nottoway, you guys have an incredible team, but this is a pis@ poor take if the game is not on. NFHS suggests it's not on, unless something changes in the next day or so. It's 2021 Nottoway, you have a great team and it's the Region Title Game, poor effort by your AD. Simple as that.
I see you edited it now. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: 19GHS87 and gwb16
Why would it be their responsibility to put it on NFHS? I like NFHS as much as anybody, but schools dont really make much off of it, very little actually. Potentially losing gate receipts for a game which should draw a good crowd would be a bad call at this point. Most schools joined NFHS when crowds were limited. I would inagine a lot of schools will get rid of it once their contracts are up. Not the AD's fault. They dont make that call, any expenses haves to go through the school boards.

Nottoway, you guys have an incredible team, but this is a pis@ poor take if the game is not on. NFHS suggests it's not on, unless something changes in the next day or so. It's 2021 Nottoway, you have a great team and it's the Region Title Game, poor effort by your AD. Simple as that

If you knew anything about how it works, you would understand it
- Absolutely no benefit for hosting team to do it with COVID restrictions lifted.
- Costs money to get started
- Tough to get people to even help with basics like concession stand, gate, and chain gang…. Now try to find even more people?
- Takes away from concessions and other sales (gate is non issue as money goes to region anyways).

Terrible take dude. Simple as that.

If you knew anything about how it works, you would understand it
- Absolutely no benefit for hosting team to do it with COVID restrictions lifted.
- Costs money to get started
- Tough to get people to even help with basics like concession stand, gate, and chain gang…. Now try to find even more people?
- Takes away from concessions and other sales (gate is non issue as money goes to region anyways).

Terrible take dude. Simple as that.
Here is what I do know, Nottoway is one of the few schools left at any level in VA in the playoffs that doesn't have the camera. This means.....you are DIFFERENT, so I submit to you, terrible take by Nottoway. When the overwhelming majority of schools have the camera and you don't, it makes your argument about as valid as tits on a boarhog. Whatever excuses you made in your previous post, other schools have managed to overcome them.

I repeat, poor effort by Nottoway.

Any links to anyone streaming the game on facebook or you tube?

NFHS also makes a good deal from subscribers, a very small percentage of that goes back to the schools.

NFHS hurts the schools way more than it could ever help them. Simple as that.

I’m sure Nottoway’s athletic director couldn’t care less what someone from 4 hours away thinks about the job they’re doing. Especially when you watching the game benefits them exactly 0%.

Reactions: gwb16 and kwhs95fan
NFHS hurts the schools way more than it could ever help them. Simple as that.

I’m sure Nottoway’s athletic director couldn’t care less what someone from 4 hours away thinks about the job they’re doing. Especially when you watching the game benefits them exactly 0%.
That's nice and emotional, but not true. NFHS does NOT hurt schools more than it helps, SIMPLE as that. Also, teams gets 10% of the share, so technically, ANY person watching their game can help, so two of your statements are wrong. As to whether the AD "cares" or not, I couldn't give two shi*s. Like I wrote, it's 2021, BE NORMAL. When you have 24 games across the state of Virginia this weekend, and Nottoway is one of the very, very few that doesn't have the camera, it's a pis@ poor effort, period. NFHS costs 2500 up front from schools and the camera is supplied free and that is it for the 5 year contract. Schools are making money in the long run on NFHS, not losing it. Somebody gave the argument about it hurting ticket sales. Well, if that were true, we should have stopped all local radio broadcasts 60 years ago. Local fans overwhelmingly go to local football games if interested, the one's that can't go that live far away will tune in. Money talks folks, and don't be a fool, if schools weren't making money on NFHS, the membership/contract enrollments would not be skyrocketing, and they have continued to skyrocket even in August of this year when hundreds of more schools signed up even AFTER Covid restrictions were lifted. If schools were losing money, there wouldn't be hundreds of more schools added in August and September of this year.

No dog in this one but I agree with @GrahamHighGmen. The benefits far exceed the drawbacks. I am not nearly as tore up about it as he is but it is frustrating that we aren’t able to see a couple of the top 2A teams in the state. Essex/King&Queen don’t have that option either and it’s sucks but it is what it is.

As he stated those that can go to their local game do, but those outside of that area and anyone unable to attend appreciate the fact they can still watch. I have had my subscription for several years but I also watch South Carolina HS football along with other sports here at home. Count me in as a fan of the games being streamed and available to view later.

At Raddy, after forking out the 2500 start up fee, in the 5 year duration, we will probably have made roughly 11,500 dollars, which would net us about 8500-9000 dollars total or 1700 dollars per year for our athletics programs. NFHS is not just football, we have jv ball, volleyball, basketball, etc. At Raddy, our crowds are likely in the top 25% of home crowds and I don't know how much NFHS has hurt us with ticket sales, but we are definitely making money. We aren't gettin rich, but coming out well ahead

If it's that big a deal that people gonna cry about it simple solution....drive to game and watch it if it's that important to you
Not sure where anyone "cried", "bitc*ed or moaned" about the game not being on. What I'm sure of since I made the post was.....pis* poor effort by Nottoway.

At Galax, we have had it for a while. 1 of the 1st schools in Va to have NFHS. We've made money. Don't know how you can't make money with NFHS, and not sure why anyone wouldn't have it. There's no way you can pay 2000 bucks or whatever the startup cost is and not get that money back over 5 years. U going to get that money back about 5 times over. NFHS is a given for the future of High School athletics and in a couple of years, it will be a rare not to have the NFHS contract. I think if u are a school that don't have it now, then because the school don't know much about it. If did, they would sign up. Just leavin money on table

They don't get proceeds from NFHS unless you designate that school to get a portion of your subscription when you sign up, anyway. Good Grief, it's a non-issue for me.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
They don't get proceeds from NFHS unless you designate that school to get a portion of your subscription when you sign up, anyway. Good Grief, it's a non-issue for me.
Exactly. And that equates to roughly $1.10 per month, per subscriber that designates a particular school. I could watch every NFHS event for Stuart's Draft, but they're not my designated school, so they get nothing from my views.

It's true that the diehard fans will be in the stands, but who knows about the "marginal" fans. I think it's too early to tell if NFHS is hurting or helping. May hurt some, may help others. Might be irrelevant altogether.

I am thankful for all the events I do get to watch on NFHS, but if they're not broadcast, I'll just pretend it was 2 years ago when basically nobody was on there. Just like you said, not a big deal.

Boy, we are really spoiled these days! haha

Reactions: 19GHS87
That's nice and emotional, but not true. NFHS does NOT hurt schools more than it helps, SIMPLE as that. Also, teams gets 10% of the share, so technically, ANY person watching their game can help, so two of your statements are wrong.
The school gets a 10% share of the subscription fee, if you chose that school as your school when you registered. I’m assuming since you already have a NFHS account you wouldn’t create a brand new account and subscribe underneath Nottoway if they would join NFHS before this game.

So again, you watching Nottoway on NFHS would not help them one bit. It sounds like you don’t understand how this works.

NFHS is a great idea, in my opinion. The creators were very smart, and then turned into geniuses when COVID struck and they went all in on marketing.

My thoughts on the matter is - with free tools like Facebook Live & YouTube Live that schools could have benefited much more had they ran their own broadcasts. With the ad revenue it could have generated and the options to put each game behind a paywall the schools could’ve really profited, even after paying a couple people to run the broadcast.

NFHS is much easier to run, but there was plenty of money left on the table when schools started signing contracts.

Reactions: BigWinners
NFHS is a great idea, in my opinion. The creators were very smart, and then turned into geniuses when COVID struck and they went all in on marketing.

My thoughts on the matter is - with free tools like Facebook Live & YouTube Live that schools could have benefited much more had they ran their own broadcasts. With the ad revenue it could have generated and the options to put each game behind a paywall the schools could’ve really profited, even after paying a couple people to run the broadcast.

NFHS is much easier to run, but there was plenty of money left on the table when schools started signing contracts.
1000%. Why fool with NFHS if you can do it yourself on YouTube/IG/FB, sell local ads, and probably get more people watching since its free? All you need on a base level is two dudes and a cell phone for a bare bones broadcast.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT