ADVERTISEMENT

King William vs Nottoway Updates Here

I saw Appomattox and Glenvar on NHFS today. Neither one stands a chance against KW.
Well, if we get our way in Bluefield, Glenvar and Appo (now Appo) will not have to worry about it. Going to be a good with with Ridgeview tomorrow and if we win, another good one with Appo. I don't know if we win em all or lose tomorrow or the next week or the week after that, but I can assure you this, our 22 from Graham is equally as talented as the 22 from King William. Talent doesn't always translate to titles though. If Graham loses, then they are just going to lose, but it will not be from an out-talented problem at the Class 2 level.

I saw Appomattox and Glenvar on NHFS today. Neither one stands a chance against KW.
Appomattox is a tough out for anyone including the KW’s of the world. Anything can happen in any given game, I’d say in the playoffs nothing is a given IMHO. Let’s see if Central holds their own with KW or it’s another blowout of epic proportions. KW is definitely legit & may very well take it all but it’s one week at time. No team can afford to look ahead right now.

Anybody's game. The team Graham plays tomorrow I know you guys in the East may not believe it, but they are better than Glenvar. I've watched both play about 3 times each. The team Graham is playing tomorrow is good enough to win the whole thing. Not saying they will, but even they are in the mix.

Different story when you get to the semis. East looks weak to me. Trust me if goochland can beat them any remaining team can do so as well.
Goochland game was a fluke. 4 or 5 starters couldn’t play the first half including Robinson and Claiborne because they were caught lifting in the weight room after hours. The second half KW beat themselves with three fumbles on exchanges and two picks. If those starters played the whole game and got the jitters out in the first half it would’ve been a different story 100%. If they played goochland now it would be very lopsided.

Anybody's game. The team Graham plays tomorrow I know you guys in the East may not believe it, but they are better than Glenvar. I've watched both play about 3 times each. The team Graham is playing tomorrow is good enough to win the whole thing. Not saying they will, but even they are in the mix.
Goochland game was a fluke. 4 or 5 starters couldn’t play the first half including Robinson and Claiborne because they were caught lifting in the weight room after hours. The second half KW beat themselves with three fumbles on exchanges and two picks. If those starters played the whole game and got the jitters out in the first half it would’ve been a different story 100%. If they played goochland now it would be very lopsided.

That many out makes a huge difference. Still not quite sold on them though but honestly havent seen enough. Would love to catch them in person. Woodstock looked pretty solid to me just a little undersized and inconsistent. QB looked really nice. They had a little bit of speed too. RB runs too tall. If Graham or Ridgeview advances to state, and so does KW, i guess ill finally get to catch them in person. Video can make things look slower and smaller to me. So sometimes its hard for me to gauge a team off of the awful NFHS video.

Reactions: KWcavs360
I know it's just a bunch of fans talking on a message board, but I can assure you that KW isn't taking anyone lightly. On any given week, especially at this point in the season, any team can be beat. I've seen Appo and Graham several times and Woodstock once, haven't seen Ridgeview, but any of them are capable of beating KW. Whatever team wins the 2A championship will have earned it on the field and not a message board

That many out makes a huge difference. Still not quite sold on them though but honestly havent seen enough. Would love to catch them in person. Woodstock looked pretty solid to me just a little undersized and inconsistent. QB looked really nice. They had a little bit of speed too. RB runs too tall. If Graham or Ridgeview advances to state, and so does KW, i guess ill finally get to catch them in person. Video can make things look slower and smaller to me. So sometimes its hard for me to gauge a team off of the awful NFHS video.
Well Claiborne is a legit 4.3 40 and the state 100 meters champion, yet at nearly 200 lbs, he will still lower his shoulder and pop you. Robinson is only a step slower than Claiborne and can do it with his legs and arm.

Reactions: gwb16
It will be interesting from here on out, KW has a lot of speed and has outsized every team thus far. Every teams game plan, slow down Claiborne and make them beat us with Robinson. Robinson can carry the rock really good and probably runs harder. If Claiborne gets the the second level he’s gone. Robinson can throw the ball too, they have some good speedy receivers one with some height. They don’t get enough attention because Claiborne touches the ball once maybe twice a drive and it’s a touchdown.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
Well Claiborne is a legit 4.3 40 and the state 100 meters champion, yet at nearly 200 lbs, he will still lower his shoulder and pop you. Robinson is only a step slower than Claiborne and can do it with his legs and arm.

Oh wow for real? See thats wat im saying. On video he may have looked 175 and nowhere near a 4.3. but that's impressive.

Oh wow for real? See thats wat im saying. On video he may have looked 175 and nowhere near a 4.3. but that's impressive.
Yeah. I think he's 195 and is 5'11. Robinson might be a hair taller and is around 195 as well. Tre Robinson, Jayveon's brother, is the tall WR at 6'2 215, but all of the WRs have had big games this year. Like KWcav said above, KW has also been the bigger team in every game this year. They have like 13 or 14 who are at least 225, with several over 300 and a few others pretty close. Claiborne gets the most attention and rightfully so, but Robinson has been offered by FCS Morgan State and I'm sure others will jump onboard too. Also OT/DE Chase Rosso has been offered by D2 West Virginia Wesleyan and there are several others who will probably end up playing on Saturdays at some level as well

Reactions: lovethisgame78
So it was a fluke that you lost to a 6-6 Goochland team? Ohkaaaay. Should we just hand you the trophy now?

• Haha
So it was a fluke that you lost to a 6-6 Goochland team? Ohkaaaay. Should we just hand you the trophy now?
Nobody said anything about handing KW the trophy already. These kids know that the game will be won on the field and not in a stupid message board. As for the Goochland game, call it what you want, but not having 5 starters for a half definitely played a part, especially when 4 of them are arguably your 4 best players. But that game was in August and we're almost in December now and I can assure you KW is only focused on Central Woodstock and next Saturday.

Last edited:
I must concur, Claiborne is a legit 4.3. Seen it on the field. And yes anything can happen on any given day but this KW team is legit and with Coach Kane on the headset helping Coach Moore, this team is gonna roll through. I said it would happen to Nottoway, now its on to the next...everyone shall see in a few more weeks

Demond Claiborne set the single season KW touchdown record last night with 6 TDs(4 rushing, 1 receiving and 1 KO return) That gives him 45 total TDs on the season. Last night he had 196 yards rushing on 13 carries, upping his total to 2,351 for the season on just 157 carries. As a team last night, KW averaged 10 yards a play, with 334 yards offense on only 32 plays. Defensively they held Nottoway to 186 yards on 62 plays, only allowing 66 in the first half. Huge credit to the big guys on the offensive line. Not only are they big, but they can move too. Looking forward to next week in a game that will have a contrast in styles. Will Central be able to control the clock or will KW jump on them in a hurry and not look back?

Reactions: gwb16 and KWcavs360
Wouldnt go that far to say we don't stand a chance, we have slayed some dragons in the last 6 yrs . It's not the size of the dog it's the fight in the dog. Any given night ...
Agreed, the teams still playing did not get here by accident. ALL of them are dangerous. It burns my @$$ when some clown discredits a deep playoff team, especially teams that are enjoying a major recent history of huge success and a TREMENDOUS coaching staff.
Play the game. The kids will settle it on the field, not these keyboard commandos!

Shhhh! All of the secrets don't need to be shared. False hope and false idols run hand in hand.
And historically, the East has been a bit suspect in the State Semis and Finals. He makes a valid argument.

Agreed, the teams still playing did not get here by accident. ALL of them are dangerous. It burns my @$$ when some clown discredits a deep playoff team, especially teams that are enjoying a major recent history of huge success and a TREMENDOUS coaching staff.
Play the game. The kids will settle it on the field, not these keyboard commandos!

Of course everyone knows games arent settled in message boards. But i love it. I love the chatter about this team is better and no one will beat them. Makes the games much more interesting. Vapreps is very inactive these days compared to when i joined in 2010. So if it gets people worked up and talking then im all for it.

After hearing first hand from KW folks they do sound a bit intimidating. Im sure theyre a good team but eventually they will meet a team where they're not scoring at will.

261331374_4550879504999719_3706063257833311029_n.jpg

Of course everyone knows games arent settled in message boards. But i love it. I love the chatter about this team is better and no one will beat them. Makes the games much more interesting. Vapreps is very inactive these days compared to when i joined in 2010. So if it gets people worked up and talking then im all for it.

After hearing first hand from KW folks they do sound a bit intimidating. Im sure theyre a good team but eventually they will meet a team where they're not scoring at will.
Nope. Who ever beats KW will need to outscore them. Graham could do that . I saw yesterday the Appomattox game and based on that I don’t see their offense keeping up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT