ADVERTISEMENT

King William vs Poquoson Updates

Poquoson turnover leads to a KW TD. 2 pt conversion failed. 9-0, KW, 7:38 1st

Definitely surprised that Poquoson was basically dominated from start to finish...didn't see that coming at all. Congratulations and good luck to the Kavaliers moving forward....

Cavaliers....with a C...
And I'm not surprised. The Cavs played a very tough OOD schedule this year and the BRD was pitiful this year. Almost laughable.
But, anything is possible, that's why we suit up and play the games. Louisa and PH-A is a prime example. Who would have guessed?

I could have sworn they spelled Cavaliers w/a "K" at one time...agreed, they played a solid schedule, but one of those "pitiful" BRD teams walked the dog on KW...granted, Warhill is a Class 4 program, but I watched them play Poquoson and the Islanders were in that game until the 4th quarter. Comparing their results against a common opponent made me think it would at least be competitive between Poquoson and KW, but it also goes to show that you can't always hang your hat on those analogies.

I could have sworn they spelled Cavaliers w/a "K" at one time...agreed, they played a solid schedule, but one of those "pitiful" BRD teams walked the dog on KW...granted, Warhill is a Class 4 program, but I watched them play Poquoson and the Islanders were in that game until the 4th quarter. Comparing their results against a common opponent made me think it would at least be competitive between Poquoson and KW, but it also goes to show that you can't always hang your hat on those analogies.
Fair enough.
I'm not sure what happened with Warhill. They had a sudden and steep drop off late in the season. KW is relatively young this year and got busted in the chops by a Lions squad that was playing some really good early season ball. After the top 3 in the BRD....I think you would even agree it was a rather dismal showing compared to previous years. I've toted that Bull Islander banner for years. That wasn't meant to be a shot on Coach Duty, he does an amazing job with those young men and has for years and he will continue to do so. Poquoson will continue to be a playoff contender in 2A. No doubt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT