ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Gladiators Hosting Chincoteague Today in State Quarterfinals

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
At 3:00 today (Tuesday) the Riverheads softball team is hosting Chincoteague in the state quarterfinals. The winner moves on to the state semis Friday down in the Radford/Pulaski area as part of the Spring Jubilee. Today's loser of course goes home for the season.

The Gladiators earned the right to host by beating arch-rival Buffalo Gap 4-0 for the Region B crown, whereas Chincoteague lost a close 5-4 decision to Rappahannock in the Region A title game. As a result of those two games, the Lady Bison are traveling to Warsaw today, and the winner of that one also earns a trip to the state semis.

I believe I read someplace that Chincoteague was unbeaten prior to that loss to Rappahannock. I think Riverheads is something like 13-3 on the season. For either of today's games, if anyone is still interested, you must order a ticket through GoFan.com as opposed to paying at the gate. The 3:00 start time for the Riverheads game is due to the extra-long travel time for C'teague.

Best of luck to one and all and let's hope the showers hold off so the games can be played.

Reactions: uvacavs1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT