ADVERTISEMENT

Lafayette 49 - Warhill 0

Aug 7, 2018
Complete domination by the Rams in all phases of the game.

Lafayette’s defense shut down a Warhill offense that hung 35 on Heritage last week. I believe they forced 5 turnovers in the 1st half. Didn’t turn it over all game.

Lafayette offense ran the ball at will with a bunch of backs carrying the load. Controlled the clock and beat Warhill up throughout the game.

Nice job to the Ram players and coaches. They looked really ready to play tonight.

Complete domination by the Rams in all phases of the game.

Lafayette’s defense shut down a Warhill offense that hung 35 on Heritage last week. I believe they forced 5 turnovers in the 1st half. Didn’t turn it over all game.

Lafayette offense ran the ball at will with a bunch of backs carrying the load. Controlled the clock and beat Warhill up throughout the game.

Nice job to the Ram players and coaches. They looked really ready to play tonight.
Ah, but the real question is how bad is the injury to top RB Dea Mario Tyler who had an ice pack on his ankle and on crutches at the end of the game. Tough without him on the inside running plays. Who takes over against a rugged LT defense that shut down KF, though their offense never jelled this season.

Ah, but the real question is how bad is the injury to top RB Dea Mario Tyler who had an ice pack on his ankle and on crutches at the end of the game. Tough without him on the inside running plays. Who takes over against a rugged LT defense that shut down KF, though their offense never jelled this season.
Backhanded compliments. Lafayette been facing some real offensive juggernauts.. going to be a good game.

Backhanded compliments. Lafayette been facing some real offensive juggernauts.. going to be a good game.
LT runs that Veer that I don’t think Lafayette has played against- that will be tough. The LT defense is rugged but KF was averaging in their last 5 games 10 points. They never seemed to work the wrinkles out. Though I do think LT’s fast defense will cause problems with Lafayette’s wing T. Agree it will be a very interesting game.

The Lafayette vs. Lake Taylor battle has been brewing for years. If they happen to play on Saturday I will not miss this one. To quote the great boxing referee Mills Lane "lets get it on".

You guys may think I am nuts, but both offenses will give the defenses fits. Neither team can afford to play their normal defense. Whichever team makes the correct adaptions will win.

The Lafayette vs. Lake Taylor battle has been brewing for years. If they happen to play on Saturday I will not miss this one. To quote the great boxing referee Mills Lane "lets get it on".

You guys may think I am nuts, but both offenses will give the defenses fits. Neither team can afford to play their normal defense. Whichever team makes the correct adaptions will win.
Game was announced to be at 7 pm on Friday.

Little question about Lake Taylor's season this year. They beat all comers and 2 of those teams are still playing next week. I doubt there is another district that has 3 teams still in the playoffs! (LT, Maury, an I. C. Norcom).

Next week will be a real battle vs the Rams. This is likely the game of the week in the 757.

Little question about Lake Taylor's season this year. They beat all comers and 2 of those teams are still playing next week. I doubt there is another district that has 3 teams still in the playoffs! (LT, Maury, an I. C. Norcom).

Next week will be a real battle vs the Rams. This is likely the game of the week in the 757.
The key to me and I don’t know the details is what did Norcom’s offense do that was successful against LT and how did their defensive scheme work to really hold their offense down. Everyone else was pretty much blown away. Maybe 757 knows some details.

No, I didn't go to that game, sorry. My guess is that it may have had more to do with the Titans injuries vs Norcom. I believe J. Harvey may have been out in that game. And K. Prunty (transfer from Smith) likely had a lot of opportunities in that game without the Titan's lock down DB across the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT