ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Taylor 27 Deep Creek 21

BleedingNavy

VaPreps All District
Dec 4, 2013
After trailng 14-0 in the first Lake Taylor scored 27 points to defeat Deep Creek 27-21. The Titans apparently started slowly, but did what the do. They won!

Reactions: mbonape1
Probably a little case of looking ahead with a 3-7 team. Lafayette also came out slow giving up a quick opening game TD drive to Denbigh, another 3-7 team before restoring order. But no Bay Rivers team this year ran the 4 and 5 wideout spread offense like Denbigh. A new look for all of us.

From what I heard on our local radio show, Deep Creek picked up a short punt resting on the ground & ran it back to the LT 15 yard line. With a defensive pass interference call as time ran out, LT ended the game with a sack on the untimed down!

I'm not all the way sure Heritage will win today either lol. As I have said many times before they are the biggest riddle to me in this whole eastern bracket.

I saw the Lake Taylor half-time score and thought uh-oh... Looks like they were able to battle back for the win so kudos to them. Maybe an early playoff test was good for LT. I think they won their last few regular season games pretty easily.

Deep Creek came out and played inspiring football last night. For those that don't know they have a lot of athletes at the skill position and returned 8 starters on defense. They were tied with Smith 14-14 in the 3rd quarter of that game before Smith scored Td's late to put them away.

They jumped on us early and played keep away in the first quarter after a great KO return by their kid for a short field. I think the TOP was like 10:30 to 1:30. They were recipients of a short field on a bad punt and we are down 14-0. We just stuck to our game plan and rattled off 27 straight. On both the fg drives we were faced with 4-1 but elected to kick because....our kicker hasn't attempted a fg all season so let's get him some confidence. He drilled two fg from 30 and 35.
Good thing is we hadn't faced any adversity since September and we didn't get rattled just kept playing our game one thing I never like and I see it in football and Morley in basketball is when officials allow the crowd to start making calls. We stop them to end the game crowd goes crazy flag comes out untimed down.
We scored a Td in the 3q guy makes a hell of a play cuts back across the field makes guys miss and as he's crossing the goal line a flag comes flying in that looks like it had been shot out of a cannon to call block in the back near the original LOS kid is 40 yards downfield when it's thrown. But the name of the game is survive and advance and we get to play another week.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
Deep Creek plays a rough schedule for a 4A team

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT