ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Taylor Titans 2023 Business Meetings

EPJr

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Sep 27, 2002
350839596_3518838121731476_1121920759422580424_n.jpg
355696608_10219887443171291_990353961386755343_n.jpg

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, Hank Sawyer is a very proven coach, but this picture wreaks of self promotion and seems a bit over the top. Honestly, this is the first time I have ever seen a coach do anything remotely close to this. No player pictures? "Hanks House"? Is this really the message a head coach should be sending his players, school, and community. A lot of damn good players and coaches sweat, bled, and sacrificed to help this man build the Lake Taylor dynasty. It ain't just about you Coach Sawyer. Wow just wow!

Don't get me wrong, Hank Sawyer is a very proven coach, but this picture wreaks of self promotion and seems a bit over the top. Honestly, this is the first time I have ever seen a coach do anything remotely close to this. No player pictures? "Hanks House"? Is this really the message a head coach should be sending his players, school, and community. A lot of damn good players and coaches sweat, bled, and sacrificed to help this man build the Lake Taylor dynasty. It ain't just about you Coach Sawyer. Wow just wow!
Glad you are able to give your opinion. You have no idea about Lake Taylor Football Program, Players built it and are well respected. Take
care , You miss the message and I will not help you get it. Continue to support your team and have a good day

Reactions: BleedingNavy
@BTW1975, I respect your opinion and clearly understood the "business meeting" message. The Titans schedule is surely one of toughest in the state and they will be battle tested come playoff time.

You are correct. I truly don't know anything about the inner workings of the Lake Taylor program or Coach Sawyer. I do know they will play anybody, always have legitimate prospects, and are yearly contenders for a title. In fact, I think I made that clear in my previous post. I have always demonstrated respect for the Titans and will continue to do so. We just have differed opinions on who should be the center of attention in a schedule and that's okay. May you have a safe and blessed evening as well.

lighting up Francis
He is having fun at work
it is just high school football
hope the players do get the idea!

Reactions: otnorot
I don't love it but if I had to take a serious guess, I would believe he didn't come up with it. But he would've had to give the ok. Who knows maybe this is a sneaky way to do a retirement tour.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Yeah I don’t believe he came up with or posted this but that picture and “Hank’s House” is pretty cringe. God awful.

Reactions: WP02alum
With all of the self promotion going on with Deion at Colorado, I can see things like this start to pop up every now and then around the country.

Early top 804 top 12 football poll. 2023. Highland springs 1. Dinwiddie 2. Trinity 3. Varina 4. Manchester 5. Thomas Dale 6. Lc bird 7. Freeman 8. Benedict 9. Hopewell 10. Midlothian 11. Matoaca 12.

Early top 804 top 12 football poll. 2023. Highland springs 1. Dinwiddie 2. Trinity 3. Varina 4. Manchester 5. Thomas Dale 6. Lc bird 7. Freeman 8. Benedict 9. Hopewell 10. Midlothian 11. Matoaca 12.
IMO:
1. Highland Springs
2. Dinwiddie
3. Manchester
4. Varina
5. Trinity
6. LC Bird
7. Freeman
8. Matoaca
9. Dale
10. Glen Allen

IMO:
1. Highland Springs
2. Dinwiddie
3. Manchester
4. Varina
5. Trinity
6. LC Bird
7. Freeman
8. Matoaca
9. Dale
10. Glen Allen
Hot take bro! You think Manchester gonna be better than Varina 👀? I like the pick. I’d have to go:

1. Highland Springs
2. Dinwiddie
3. Varina
4. Manchester
5. Freeman
6. Dale
7. Bird
8. Huguenot
9. Matoaca
10. Glen Allen

Notice I only did public school ball. Goes without saying, Trinity would be a top 3 team if we added them and I’d probably take out GA.

Reactions: General172011
Hot take bro! You think Manchester gonna be better than Varina 👀? I like the pick. I’d have to go:

1. Highland Springs
2. Dinwiddie
3. Varina
4. Manchester
5. Freeman
6. Dale
7. Bird
8. Huguenot
9. Matoaca
10. Glen Allen

Notice I only did public school ball. Goes without saying, Trinity would be a top 3 team if we added them and I’d probably take out GA.
Yeah it’s just a gut feeling they return a lot of playmakers on both sides of the ball I’m not sure about the OLine but if Abernathy progresses I think they’ll be in the East End Thanksgiving weekend vs Highland Springs. The thing I worry about with Varina is their identity. If they develop a clear identity an stick to it they will be a serious player in D4

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT