ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Taylor versus Phoebus referee confusion

4:25 3rd / 3rd & 15 incomplete pass Lake Taylor punt makes another entrance. As good as they have been this year they must be frustrated by now

Let me say this again…Jordan Bass is the best player in the state. That 84 yard screen was simply amazing. Lake Taylor fans are clearing out.

Reactions: Kenneth Harris
81 yard touchdown Phoebus Jordan Bass 3:48 3rd quarter screen pass. This is really not fair. Stop the game. 28-6

Please keep us posted if you can - - I don't see it being streamed anywhere on YouTube like I was hoping.

I would've come and done the live game blog, except I have an ODU Men's Basketball game to call tonight vs. ECU and didn't want to chance that unpredictable tunnel traffic,.
I would have done better for you but I am about 70% and ill right now. I should be able to help next season from the stands with play updates God willing.

42-16

If you could please check with your resources and try to find a video of Jordan Bass 84 yard screen TD
I know I didn’t film it because I was prepping to leave. A penalty had just been called on Phoebus which backed them up. I could have swore that screen pass was a 80-85 yards td

What a paltry crowd for what should be a monster!
I meant to reply to you yesterday during the game. I went to the game based on the weather reports but the Phoebus side was in shade and breezy. I was already a little sick and by the 3rd qtr I could not stay any longer. I don't think people wanted to be outside. I've been to East region championship games with 5000+ and this crowd was nonexistent with Lake Taylor fans barely showing up after those kids had a great season.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I meant to reply to you yesterday during the game. I went to the game based on the weather reports but the Phoebus side was in shade and breezy. I was already a little sick and by the 3rd qtr I could not stay any longer. I don't think people wanted to be outside. I've been to East region championship games with 5000+ and this crowd was nonexistent with Lake Taylor fans barely showing up after those kids had a great season.
Isn’t it sad. It’s been that way at LT for years. Devils explained it a few years ago as being the demographics of their area, and the difficulty in traveling and affording going to games. I can’t disagree, but it’s still said.

Take care of yourself and I hope that tooth feels better soon.

Reactions: Kenneth Harris
At Wanner Stadium here for the LT game Lake Taylor only had 50 or so fans. Quite surprised.

At Wanner Stadium here for the LT game Lake Taylor only had 50 or so fans. Quite surprised.
Lake Taylor have been getting it done since 2001. The only reason they do not have more state titles is because of Phoebus. They should have a rabid fanbase following them. Stone Bridge Bulldog fans show up guaranteed without failure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT