ADVERTISEMENT

Late Bloomers

lyhsports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
May 17, 2017
Lynchburg, Va
Who are some guys on your team that are stepping up towards the end of the season? I want to hear about guys that didn't get a lot of playing time at the beginning of the year, but now are stepping up. Also, someone that started and might have been the weak link, but has stepped up for your team. Lets hear about the players and talk them up!

Dinwiddie lost all of its starting linebackers from 2017. Jordan Bracey, a senior who was forced into the lineup and struggled in the 2016 State Championship as an untested sophomore linebacker has played very well this season at mlb. He is not super athletic and is a bit undersized, but gets the job done. He has 61 tackles, 10 tfl's, and 1 interception. Dylan Moore also has starred at the olb spot. He leads the team in tackles with 81 and has 12 tfl's. Antonio Tucker has probably been the biggest surprise on defense. He is a very undersized defensive end who has recorded 45 tackles, 19 tfl's, 4 sacks and 1 interception. Sophmore Cedric Drumgoole plays both ways (offense part time) He has 19 tackles, 3 tfl's, 1 sack, and 4 interceptions on defense. On offense he has 16 receptions for 351 yards and 2 td's. Although he was expected to step in for Z. Sturdivant at rb Tyre Dalton has exceeded our expectations by rushing for 750 yards and 13 tds. Although it was expected to be a weakness Dinwiddie is averaging 283 yards a game on the ground. This team only returned three starters on defense, but they are getting better each week. Not sure if we can stop some of the juggernaut offenses in Class 4, but the next two games (Petersburg and Hopewell) should give us an indication of their potential.

Dinwiddie lost all of its starting linebackers from 2017. Jordan Bracey, a senior who was forced into the lineup and struggled in the 2016 State Championship as an untested sophomore linebacker has played very well this season at mlb. He is not super athletic and is a bit undersized, but gets the job done. He has 61 tackles, 10 tfl's, and 1 interception. Dylan Moore also has starred at the olb spot. He leads the team in tackles with 81 and has 12 tfl's. Antonio Tucker has probably been the biggest surprise on defense. He is a very undersized defensive end who has recorded 45 tackles, 19 tfl's, 4 sacks and 1 interception. Sophmore Cedric Drumgoole plays both ways (offense part time) He has 19 tackles, 3 tfl's, 1 sack, and 4 interceptions on defense. On offense he has 16 receptions for 351 yards and 2 td's. Although he was expected to step in for Z. Sturdivant at rb Tyre Dalton has exceeded our expectations by rushing for 750 yards and 13 tds. Although it was expected to be a weakness Dinwiddie is averaging 283 yards a game on the ground. This team only returned three starters on defense, but they are getting better each week. Not sure if we can stop some of the juggernaut offenses in Class 4, but the next two games (Petersburg and Hopewell) should give us an indication of their potential.
Luccess has been a blast to watch as well. Dont remember him playing to much last year

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Mackenzie Johnson from Glass, he was a jv player last year and he has been a stud this year. He starts on offense, defense, and most special teams 5' nothing and 145 pounds and he has been rock solid.

One of my picks as well. He is the most underrated player on the Glass roster right now. The kid knows how to find the ball at safety, and make plays on special teams.

I like the way Andrew Dunlop has stepped up as well. He did pretty good while Merriman was out.

LOL SALEM #32 BIG TIME HE WAS ON THE BENCH ALL YEAR PLAYED A LITTLE JV THIS KIDS 6,2 190 MEAN AND A BEAST WATCH OUT HE IS THE REAL DEAL

Reactions: lyhsports
LOL SALEM #32 BIG TIME HE WAS ON THE BENCH ALL YEAR PLAYED A LITTLE JV THIS KIDS 6,2 190 MEAN AND A BEAST WATCH OUT HE IS THE REAL DEAL
I saw Ky'Juan practice at the beginning of the year and I was shocked at his size and speed and he wasn't even playing Varsity early on.

Reactions: lyhsports
Zavione wood and kyjuan played sand lot togther he was injured all last year i think what held him back is 17 avery but RECENTLY coached moved him to nose guard MIKE let me tell u the kid has changed are defense he brings it every play now granted he is a sophomore he has more work to do....but beastmode period had he started NORTHSIDE,BLACKSBURG OR DINWIDDIE I cant say we would have won but every loss weve had was only bye a play or 2 kywuan#32 might have made the difference....

Reactions: mike salem
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT