ADVERTISEMENT

Latest VHSL ratings (10-9-17)

Not in 1A -- System works for everyone but 1A

1A -- there are 4-8 teams that can play

I understand what you are thinking, but as I've illustrated before, its all relative.

I mainly pay attention to 1A. I look at 2A and 4A some as well.

I am pretty confident that after about a 15-30 min review of info of any other the classifications (I have no idea about 5 and 6), I can figure out the top 5 teams and one of them will win the state title.

I'll go further, there are like around 130 FBS football programs in the nation.

I get to pick my top 5. You can have the other 125.

I bet that the national champion will be in my top 5. Care to make a bet?

Without offending anyone, 1A is weak, overall.

Again, its all relative.

You mean D-3 college football is not as strong as the FBS college football? What....that's crazy, man.

Obviously, 1A is, overall, weaker than say 3A or 5A.

However, if you break it down into tiers of football, each classification has approximately very similair percentages of top teams, middle teams and bottom feeders.

I broke it down last year comparing 1A programs to 4A programs. Of course, 4A is overall way better but both classifications had similar numbers of great, good, fair, and poor teams according to each respective classification.

Reactions: obguthr
That may be true but I bet if you take the 2a champion and the 1a champion since it as been split and played I bet it would be 50-50 in wins I've said on here before the difference in 1a and 2a is the depth it's harder in 2a to get to championship than 1a but that does not mean the champion in 2a is always better than 1a

Reactions: Eaglepride89
That may be true but I bet if you take the 2a champion and the 1a champion since it as been split and played I bet it would be 50-50 in wins I've said on here before the difference in 1a and 2a is the depth it's harder in 2a to get to championship than 1a but that does not mean the champion in 2a is always better than 1a
And then there is the issue of schools with 2A enrollment reporting that they have 1A numbers....

Reactions: stubbie46
if enrollment was the number one key of winning or not Riverheads wouldn't win but 1 or 2 games a year that's the amount of teams we play each year with less kids than us. We probably would have won valley district 7 out last 10 years. 464 first day enrollment I think that puts us 1a

if enrollment was the number one key of winning or not Riverheads wouldn't win but 1 or 2 games a year that's the amount of teams we play each year with less kids than us. We probably would have won valley district 7 out last 10 years. 464 first day enrollment I think that puts us 1a
What was the second day enrollment ?

Well folks I think we made it two or three weeks without this nonsense being brought up again. That might be a record.

To give you guys something logical to do, why not say a prayer or at least think a good thought for Riverheads' fullback Dalton Jordan, who lost his grandfather Saturday? Losing a grandparent happens of course to lots of high school age kids, but in this case, my sources tell me that he was standing along the fence as usual on Friday night but then died Saturday. I don't have any close connections but one would assume a heart attack or stroke. That just goes to show each of us how precious every day can be in this world.

Reactions: naildriver91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT