ADVERTISEMENT

LCA Article

Most of the players mentioned in the article would not be eligible to play for other VHSL teams.

I don't see a problem with this. I don't like it, but there really isn't a problem. The kid moved from New Jersey to Lynchburg. Can't hate a kid for wanting to play at a school that has an exceptional baseball program where MLB scouts show up to games. From what I understand, you just have to live in Lynchburg to transfer to LCA and not have to sit out a year. Clarke Just played varsity baseball in the 8th grade.

I've seen LCA play a few times this year, and I don't think any team will come close to beating them this year. But last year , there were some teams in the Seminole that could've beaten them such as Glass, Amherst, Sherando, Freedom, and Harrisonburg. Glass and Amherst are down this year, Harrisonburg is Class 5 and maybe they'll face Freedom and Sherando in the post season. But the addition of LCA in the Seminole just challenges other programs to step their game up and build their baseball programs.

As long as a team has unfair advantages there is a problem. Recruits, 5th year seniors, 5th year players are unfair advantages.

Just because they are cleared to play doesn't make it fair. If they were at any other school in the VHSL many would not be eligible to play.

Reactions: PRIDEWINS
I wrote about this 2 yrs ago when the kid who is pitching at LSU was at LCA and he was a 5th yr...it is not fair and no matter how many state championships they win I will never acknowledge it. I know they are not supposed to recruit but who is actually monitoring that? That’s why they are a PRIVATE school and should stay in their own league with the other 10 schools in the state.

Reactions: wikki and PRIDEWINS
They lost to a team that loves the game of baseball as well, with a long standing tradition. All, these kids are William Byrd District kids and did not move here. BTW, so everyone knows Byrd started 4 "True Freshmen", 2 "True Sophomores", 2 "True Juniors", 1 "True Senior" in the upset win. Baseball is like no other sport!

Reactions: wikki and lyhsports
I don't see a problem with this. I don't like it, but there really isn't a problem. The kid moved from New Jersey to Lynchburg. Can't hate a kid for wanting to play at a school that has an exceptional baseball program where MLB scouts show up to games. From what I understand, you just have to live in Lynchburg to transfer to LCA and not have to sit out a year. Clarke Just played varsity baseball in the 8th grade.

I've seen LCA play a few times this year, and I don't think any team will come close to beating them this year. But last year , there were some teams in the Seminole that could've beaten them such as Glass, Amherst, Sherando, Freedom, and Harrisonburg. Glass and Amherst are down this year, Harrisonburg is Class 5 and maybe they'll face Freedom and Sherando in the post season. But the addition of LCA in the Seminole just challenges other programs to step their game up and build their baseball programs.

The problem is Public Schools can't reclassify or recruit. It is against VHSL rules to move to an area for sports. Plainly written in the VHSL handbook. I know that some public schools do this and sometimes get caught. To write an article and show direct violations is the issue. To say step the game up and build their baseball programs is ridiculous, unless you can cheat by violating all the rules. That is what LCA is allowed to do. The article points it out. WB was just a little better last night. Probably would lose to LCA 99 out of 100 times, but last night was the 1.

Reactions: wikki
They lost to a team that loves the game of baseball as well, with a long standing tradition. All, these kids are William Byrd District kids and did not move here. BTW, so everyone knows Byrd started 4 "True Freshmen", 2 "True Sophomores", 2 "True Juniors", 1 "True Senior" in the upset win. Baseball is like no other sport!
I'm glad William Byrd beat them. They showed very unsportsmanlike conduct at the game when the played Amherst to the point that the ref behind the plate said enough and sent them back to their dugout. It was ridiculous at their behavior.

I'm glad William Byrd beat them. They showed very unsportsmanlike conduct at the game when the played Amherst to the point that the ref behind the plate said enough and sent them back to their dugout. It was ridiculous at their behavior.
You mean LCA showed unsportsmanlike conduct?
I did not like the intimidation tactic that they tried to do, which some official associations will not tolerate. They stood down the left field line on a line while WB was taking infield. You are supposed to be in your dugout. They then sprinted to CF with a War Chant. I did not think that was too classy, but they are young men. Glad the game is played after the 1st pitch.

Reactions: wikki
You mean LCA showed unsportsmanlike conduct?
I did not like the intimidation tactic that they tried to do, which some official associations will not tolerate. They stood down the left field line on a line while WB was taking infield. You are supposed to be in your dugout. They then sprinted to CF with a War Chant. I did not think that was too classy, but they are young men. Glad the game is played after the 1st pitch.
Yes they were awful obnoxious until the ref said enough. I blame the coaches for allowing that behavior. I guess Karma got the best of them

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT