ADVERTISEMENT

LCA vs EC Glass

lyhsports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
May 17, 2017
Lynchburg, Va
Who y'all got in this game and why?

LCA is loaded this year. Their starters are really really good. LCA hasn't had many injury issues either simply because their starters play the first half, then sit the rest of the game. They have a dangerous running back tandem of the Davidson brothers, Caleb(Jr.) and Gideon(Fr.). Gideon is averaging over 11 yards a carry as a FRESHMAN! Then they have one of the top athletes on the outside in Jaylin Belford. He reminds me a lot of Dresean Kendrick. Their defense has been lockdown since district play.

If Glass can come out the gate ready to play with that Midtown swag, and give LCA a good 4 quarters of physicality, they could possibly have a chance. Can't afford to start the game with a turnover, penalties, or a dropped ball. Glass has been getting better at running the ball with every game, and their defense is much better than they were at the beginning of the season. After watching them play Brookville last week, this could be the most physical EC Glass team i have seen in the Jeff Woody era.

This will be a good test for BOTH teams. Two high powered offenses, and two lockdown defenses. People have been singing the praises of LCA all year(including myself), but don't sleep on Glass. If any team matches up with LCA in terms of speed, physicality, and fundamental soundness in the Seminole, it is EC Glass.

With that being said, MidTown all the way.

Reactions: SFUWO
LCA by 2 scores. I'm going off of LCA's body of work so far this season. Glass and Heritage are evenly matched and LCA beat Heritage 49-10. Im hoping for a great game. Would be a huge win for Glass before the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: lyhsports
I haven't seen either team in person, but on paper I'd have to agree with SFUWO. He'd be the first to tell you that games are all about matchups though. I'd put the line at about 7-10 in favor of LCA, but a big play or a turnover could really make a big difference in this game.

LCA by 2 scores. I'm going off of LCA's body of work so far this season. Glass and Heritage are evenly matched and LCA beat Heritage 49-10. Im hoping for a great game. Would be a huge win for Glass before the playoffs.
The EC Glass/Heritage game dosen't mean much. Its about who shows up to play that night. Brookville and Heritage went into double overtime but EC Glass blew Brookville out. Brookville has had a few injuries since the Heritage game but still. Its gonna be a interesting game.

The EC Glass/Heritage game dosen't mean much. Its about who shows up to play that night. Brookville and Heritage went into double overtime but EC Glass blew Brookville out. Brookville has had a few injuries since the Heritage game but still. Its gonna be a interesting game.
transitive scores never really mean anything. It just gives us an idea of how the game may go. Now my main point was the entire body of work LCA has. I used the Glass / Heritage game as an example.

Only way to take down LCA is to shorten the game on them and keep their offense off the field with time consuming drives. Certainly easier said than done but I think the Hilltoppers have a shot with the talent they have.

Reactions: wikki and lyhsports
Final 41-21 LCA

Takeaways
1. EC Glass played well. Offense moved the ball most of the game. LCA defense tightened up in the 4th quarter. Special teams and field position killed us.
2. LCA dominated up front. Show me a better offensive line in the state. They laid Glass players out all night.
3. Gideon Davidson the 9th grade running back is THE TRUTH!
4. LCA would win Class 3, 4 and 5 this year.
5. EC Glass is going to be a tough out in 4D.

Reactions: MascotMemorizer
Final 41-21 LCA

Takeaways
1. EC Glass played well. Offense moved the ball most of the game. LCA defense tightened up in the 4th quarter. Special teams and field position killed us.
2. LCA dominated up front. Show me a better offensive line in the state. They laid Glass players out all night.
3. Gideon Davidson the 9th grade running back is THE TRUTH!
4. LCA would win Class 3, 4 and 5 this year.
5. EC Glass is going to be a tough out in 4D.
I’m going to have to disagree on #4 after the last two nights of games.

Reactions: MaroonandGold29
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT