ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty Christian

Agree I know hopewell has athletes and speed all over the field, Henderson there running back is out hurt and there lineman best lighter is out , hopefully both will be back soon. Watched hopewell play three times and they are the real deal there quarterback might be there x factor he's really good.

Magna Vista may give them a game but LCA would probably put up 70 on LB in a semi final. As long as Gideon (#8) is on the field it's gonna be difficult for anyone in C3 to have a good shot at beating them.
I've seen him play he is a hell of athlete but anything can happen

KR is five or six touchdowns better than TJ-R. Only threat to KR in 3B is Brentsville.
I don’t think so. Tee Jay got a few transfers from Varina and a couple other schools. Not the same Tee Jay team that lost to Stuart’s Draft.

I think between Hopewell, Lafayette, maybe Kettle run, maybe lake Taylor if they get back on track, or a dark horse Thomas Jefferson Richmond. But my best bet is Hopewell especially when there top players get healthy by the end of the season.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I have seen (via video) many of the contending teams in the Region A play and in my opinion Hopewell or Lafayette will be a semi final participant. Its all about matchups and I agree with @10iceiceice about the possible Kettle Run vs. Hopewell matchup. Kettle Run does match up better with Lafayette.

Even with a healthy Hopewell team I second @catchtds motion. I do not think the Blue Devils can match the interior line strength of LCA. Yes, Henderson is a punishing runner and the Hopewell QB is a duel threat weapon, but I just believe the Bulldog defense could keep the Hopewell offense under control. Defensively, Hopewell would struggle with Gideon and LCA has a good enough passing game to take advantage of the Blue Devil defense if they load the box. LCA also has distinct edge in special teams and there is no advantage regarding depth. Hopewell's only chance would be to get up by a couple scores early and force LCA to chase. If that happened it would be game on.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
70 points on LB @Bfootball08? I'll take that bet.
Lol we don't have to bother with a bet BN Lord Botetourt won't make it out of the region with what Magna Vista has this year.LB always runs up against someone with too much team speed for them in the playoffs or title game and this year won't be any different.

Lol we don't have to bother with a bet BN Lord Botetourt won't make it out of the region with what Magna Vista has this year.LB always runs up against someone with too much team speed for them in the playoffs or title game and this year won't be any different.

Don't need that either. Whole offense is Nicely. Cburg is not a team you associate with speed but they're huge in the trenches and totally shut Nicely down as a runner (think he had 1 ypc in their game last year) and that's it. He can chuck the ball a bit but they're never going to beat you with that, just have to slow/stop him and they're in trouble. Same thing happened with Glass in week 1 this year, frankly. Nicely slowed to a crawl, LB incapable of doing anything else if that happens.

LB's had a lot of success in the last decade but it seems to be heavily predicated on finding one good runner and just running him into the ground and if you can stop him then they can't do much of anything else. The lack of diversity in their offensive firepower is inevitably their undoing in most games that they lose.

I can't speak to what MV can do defensively but LCA without question would shut Nicely down. Even if LB could hold down the LCA offense (doubtful), I wouldn't see them putting more than 7 up on LCA and it's oh so difficult to win a ball game with just 7 points scored.

Do they have a chance of winning D3 this year?
My goodness yes! LCA I would think is by far the front runner and odds on favorite to win it all! They do not play slouch teams week after week! They play teams that will battle test them and from the look of the score board they seem to squeak by in those contests...JK...as you all know they are blasting competition with the exception of a Salem squad that's not what they typically have been in years past! But I think everyone knows that games are played on the field not on forums or spreadsheets and I sure hope LB, Christiansburg, and MV, just to name a few teams are willing to play them if they get LCA in the semi's.

Lord Botetourt lost last night to William Byrd.

LCA has surely put on a dominating performance thus far. They are averaging 44 points a game and are giving up 5 points a game. That's a 39 point margin of victory. The defense has pitched three straight shutouts. The Bulldogs opponents in the next three games (Glass, Brookville, and Jefferson Forest) are a combined 15-6. If LCA wins all three finishing unbeaten in the Seminole I would surely consider them to be the top contender for the Class 3 title. Lafayette and Kettle Run are sound teams that are similar in size, but do not have the overall talent of the Bulldogs. Hopewell and TJ may offer a few better athletes and team speed; however, I believe LCA can dominate both by running the ball with power and using play action passing. Of the four mentioned possible opponents for LCA, Hopewell has the best shot. The Blue Devils have played teams with equitable size, strength, and talent. The key is will the Hopewell defense be able to rise to the occasion. Good backs have done well against the Blue Devils. Gideon would be one of if not the best one they have faced this season.

I think LCA beats MV by 2 scores
Based off of who MV has played I’d say LCA by 2-3 scores. LCA is known for choking and MV has the size, speed and physicality to win. They are built a lot like their state championship teams minus Brandon Johnson and Joe Fielder.

Reactions: mvwarrior and SFUWO
Based off of who MV has played I’d say LCA by 2-3 scores. LCA is known for choking and MV has the size, speed and physicality to win. They are built a lot like their state championship teams minus Brandon Johnson and Joe Fielder.
I don't think this LCA team will choke! Man they are loaded to the gills with position players (although I don't know about their bench depth, but I would assume their backups are all getting decent reps as well this season). #78 on the OL is a beast, when he pulls you know Davidson has a hole the size of a freeway to run through! I know Davidson is a stud, but he should be buying #78 lunch everyday! Moon seems to make very good decisions with the football and winning the TO margin in close games is key to winning and losing (although LCA hasn't had and issue with TO's or close games this season!) But the assessment of MV built like their State Championship teams is spot on BO! Favero has done well in beefing his staff back up to "program" levels! Once MV gets everyone healthy and has a full squad, I would be interested in seeing what their full potential will be...I am biased but will say they can play with any team in 3A! LCA is everyone's measuring stick this season and are 100% deserving of that and Coach Rocco from what I can tell is a very good coach and I just can't see any let down there! I am impressed with Kettle Run but don't know much about Hopewell and haven't followed them since Treveon Henderson left for "The" Ohio State! But I just hope that all teams are healthy and all our programs kids for every team are healthy going into the playoffs. Good Luck to all and may the best team win each game! God Bless!

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
If Hopewell can get healthy and Henderson get on track along with Tatum at quarterback he has been playing well this season but had a bad game against matoaca, I think hopewell needs to finish strong beating Dale would be a start but a tough task, prince George, and Meadowbrook should be wins. So they should be top seed in C3 A. Good luck.

I don't think this LCA team will choke! Man they are loaded to the gills with position players (although I don't know about their bench depth, but I would assume their backups are all getting decent reps as well this season). #78 on the OL is a beast, when he pulls you know Davidson has a hole the size of a freeway to run through! I know Davidson is a stud, but he should be buying #78 lunch everyday! Moon seems to make very good decisions with the football and winning the TO margin in close games is key to winning and losing (although LCA hasn't had and issue with TO's or close games this season!) But the assessment of MV built like their State Championship teams is spot on BO! Favero has done well in beefing his staff back up to "program" levels! Once MV gets everyone healthy and has a full squad, I would be interested in seeing what their full potential will be...I am biased but will say they can play with any team in 3A! LCA is everyone's measuring stick this season and are 100% deserving of that and Coach Rocco from what I can tell is a very good coach and I just can't see any let down there! I am impressed with Kettle Run but don't know much about Hopewell and haven't followed them since Treveon Henderson left for "The" Ohio State! But I just hope that all teams are healthy and all our programs kids for every team are healthy going into the playoffs. Good Luck to all and may the best team win each game! God Bless!
Game with Salem very close. One score game. Salem driving inside LCA 30 with 1 minute to play. Salem had 3 turnovers and that was the difference.

Reactions: wikki
Would’ve liked to have seen Magna Vista play Salem in the Benefit Game. I know Salem had blown them out the past few times but it would’ve prepared the Warriors for November. I think Salem, PH, JF, MV and LCA are the top 5 best teams west of Richmond with Salem being #1.

From the 804 and my question is, if liberty Christian is a private school why are they playing public schools and not private or in a private district like Benedict school, Trinity , Blue Ridge, and other private schools if they are public I understand.

From the 804 and my question is, if liberty Christian is a private school why are they playing public schools and not private or in a private district like Benedict school, Trinity , Blue Ridge, and other private schools if they are public I understand.
Because they threatened VHSL with a lawsuit to allow private membership.

From the 804 and my question is, if liberty Christian is a private school why are they playing public schools and not private or in a private district like Benedict school, Trinity , Blue Ridge, and other private schools if they are public. They filed a suit to be part of the VHSL. They had to money to do it

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT