ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty u bowl bound

Big Winners post was totally uncalled for and way out of line. I believe he needs to read the Bible, before posting again

LOLOL okay bud, sure. Especially since several people who apparently went to Liberty or support the school have mentioned how it was a dilemma. I didn't mention the AD from Baylor or anything, I was specifically commenting on the football program, the point of the thread.

Hugh Freeze has become a joke in SEC circles for how he ran his program, I was asking how all the Liberty people felt about him. Didn't attack your religion, or the school. If you can't handle that post, you need to get out more. I'm practically a puppy dog with that question, others would go much harder.

The answer is.....John 15:18-19.
"If the world hates you, you know that it hated me before it hated you." If you were of the world: the world would love you as its own, but because you are not of the world, I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

For some, anything and everything associated with the Christ brings hatred as he stated and predicted. Anything associated or closest to Christianity be it a tradition, a school, a person, an object, or an idea is the driving force of which some automatically take the opposite stance to the above. Of those that do this, many don't know they are doing it as predicted and stated by the Christ, but it's the very nature of the person that allows it to happen. Some do it intentionally and having full knowledge, and these are the dangerous ones. It's actually one of the central driving forces of their lives.

When did anyone attack your religion in this thread?

LOLOL okay bud, sure. Especially since several people who apparently went to Liberty or support the school have mentioned how it was a dilemma. I didn't mention the AD from Baylor or anything, I was specifically commenting on the football program, the point of the thread.

Hugh Freeze has become a joke in SEC circles for how he ran his program, I was asking how all the Liberty people felt about him. Didn't attack your religion, or the school. If you can't handle that post, you need to get out more. I'm practically a puppy dog with that question, others would go much harder.

I spend 2 or 3 days a week at Liberty. The people at Liberty love Coach Freeze. What took place in Mississippi is water over the dam. LU is blessed to have one of the best coaches in America. At least 3 SEC schools wanted him as offensive coordinator before he took LU job. As for the AD, he's probably one of the top 5 ADs in the country.

When did anyone attack your religion in this thread?
Big winner I apologize to you for the flack you are receiving for my post. It should be towards me and not you. I put this post on a high school board which was wrong from the start. My fault.I did it in jest. Now we have brought religion into it. Good grief people. I made a comment about a cupcake schedule and it has blown up into this. This is my last post on this subject. Now how about Appomattox versus Graham.

Should be a great game. Not much more you can say. Hopefully the weather will be decent for December. Graham looks really good in all aspects of the game. Appomattox has developed team chemistry and has improved in all areas every week. Will that be enough to beat the defending State Champs? We’ll see this Saturday at 2:00. I think they are up to the task- Raider Pride!!

Big winner I apologize to you for the flack you are receiving for my post. It should be towards me and not you. I put this post on a high school board which was wrong from the start. My fault.I did it in jest. Now we have brought religion into it. Good grief people. I made a comment about a cupcake schedule and it has blown up into this. This is my last post on this subject. Now how about Appomattox versus Graham.

You did nothing wrong and I wouldn't say BigWinners did either.
There might have been some "tongue in cheek" with his comment but people are OK to be skeptical at the very least. Like I said WE ALL are glad for second chances but that can't be abused.

Reactions: High School Sportz2
You did nothing wrong and I wouldn't say BigWinners did either.
There might have been some "tongue in cheek" with his comment but people are OK to be skeptical at the very least. Like I said WE ALL are glad for second chances but that can't be abused.

Thanks. That makes me feel better. Now to game. Does Graham have a big physical line on both sides of the ball to go along with skill players with speed. That is what it will take to beat Appomattox with everything else being equal. Gretna did not have enough beef and got beaten soundly both games against Appomattox. We had speed and skill but not enough quality beef.

I thought Gretna had a really good passing game but Appo kept good pressure on the QB plus our DB’s aren’t too shabby either.
I thought Gretna had a really good passing game but Appo kept good pressure on the QB plus our DB’s aren’t too shabby either.
You got that right. Our QB was running for his life. Appo was solid from top to bottom.

Graham is going to be a tall order for the Raiders.
It should be a whale of a game and I hope our boys can pull it off. Graham is a the reigning champions.

Like Rick Flair said, " TO BE THE MAN, YOU GOTTA BEAT THE MAN"!

Graham will show up in Appomattox Saturday and the Raiders will be holding the ropes for them to enter the ring.
These seniors and juniors remember what it felt like to hoist the trophy in Salem and they want to get back there just as bad as Graham does.

How is Graham's passing game ? If Gretna had had a passing game, they might still be playing.

They have a very capable passing game. The QB Devin Lester (ODU commit) can throw it 40-50 yards in the air and is pretty accurate on shorter throws. Sometimes he takes off running too quickly instead of going through his professions but most of the time he’s the best athlete on the field so Graham doesn’t really mind it. Here’s his highlight tape that you can see

They have 3 really good receivers. Two seniors on the outside in Isiaiah Justice & Joey Dales and their slot guy Xayvion Turner (former NFL rb Ahmad Bradshaw’s son) is a speedster.

Joey Dales

Xayvion Turner

Isaiah Justice

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
Does Graham have a big physical line on both sides of the ball to go along with skill players with speed.

Yes. One tackle is 6'2" 295, the other 6'6" 280(Meadows). Not sure of the guards and center, but on D it will be the linebackers that cause the problems. One was 1st team all state. The other probably should have been.

The Meadows kid is a 4 star sophomore with multiple D1 offers. He's big, strong and throws other players around like rag dolls.

This is a senior laden team that didn't lose much from last year.

Yes. One tackle is 6'2" 295, the other 6'6" 280(Meadows). Not sure of the guards and center, but on D it will be the linebackers that cause the problems. One was 1st team all state. The other probably should have been.

The Meadows kid is a 4 star sophomore with multiple D1 offers. He's big, strong and throws other players around like rag dolls.

The Meadows boy on hudl is impressive. My son might have to match up on him at times.

They are a good passing team, our DBs will have to cover well and our line has to find a away to contain while pressuring.

The Meadows boy on hudl is impressive. My son might have to match up on him at times.

They are a good passing team, our DBs will have to cover well and our line has to find a away to contain while pressuring.
They put him on the D line in our playoff game. He blew up the line from the center to the tackle. Couldn't block him.

Single biggest threat Graham has on O is the QB. Even if you shutdown the receivers, he's so quick and elusive, he just takes off. We had him dead to rights, in the regular season game, multiple times and he would just do a little spin move and either took off for a good gain or found an open receiver during all the time he was being chased around....and NOT caught. He's a talented kid.

Will be a good match up Saturday!

When watching his HUDL I seen how he handled #54 rushing and #28 when blitzing from Bluefield. They’re the team with the Blue jerseys and white pants.

#54 is Sean Martin who is the #1 player in WV & the 27th ranked defensive end in the country. He committed to WVU a few days ago over VT, Penn State, Baylor, Oregon & others.

#28 is JJ Davis who is a 3 star RB who has offers from VT, WVU, Tennessee & others.

Meadows held his own with both.

They have a very capable passing game. The QB Devin Lester (ODU commit) can throw it 40-50 yards in the air and is pretty accurate on shorter throws. Sometimes he takes off running too quickly instead of going through his professions but most of the time he’s the best athlete on the field so Graham doesn’t really mind it. Here’s his highlight tape that you can see

They have 3 really good receivers. Two seniors on the outside in Isiaiah Justice & Joey Dales and their slot guy Xayvion Turner (former NFL rb Ahmad Bradshaw’s son) is a speedster.

Joey Dales

Xayvion Turner

Isaiah Justice

Graham is good, Lester is a monster on both sides and speed is going to be a problem to defend.

I spend 2 or 3 days a week at Liberty. The people at Liberty love Coach Freeze. What took place in Mississippi is water over the dam. LU is blessed to have one of the best coaches in America. At least 3 SEC schools wanted him as offensive coordinator before he took LU job. As for the AD, he's probably one of the top 5 ADs in the country.
Top 5 AD? C'mon man. That's just not true, but okay.

I'm sure some SEC schools were trying to bring Freeze on as a coordinator or consultant, and while that would have ruffled some feafhers, my only question was regarding how such a front facing religious school made the decision to hire him. Never said it was the wrong call, only that the optics weren't kind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT