ADVERTISEMENT

Link to all brackets

Region C has the right by rule to determine how many teams make the playoffs. Like it or not (I don't) that's rule and they decided on a six team playoff. It is an advantage if a top 2 seed in Region C advanced because they will play 1 less game than everyone else.

Region 4C also has a unique twist on seedings. Follow me here. The Top 2 teams in both the Catoctin and Dulles districts based on district standings earn qualification for the playoffs. The final 2 spots go to the best remaining teams based on VHSL power points. Normally in a 6 spot region with 2 bye’s (see Region 5D), #3 will host #6 and #4 will host #5. While that technically happened, Loudoun County was given the 4th seed (despite being 3rd in power points) and Loudoun Valley was given the 3rd seed (despite being 4th in power points). It ties back to their respective district finish with tie-breakers I would assume. I have extra Advil if you need some.

Region 4C also has a unique twist on seedings. Follow me here. The Top 2 teams in both the Catoctin and Dulles districts based on district standings earn qualification for the playoffs. The final 2 spots go to the best remaining teams based on VHSL power points. Normally in a 6 spot region with 2 bye’s (see Region 5D), #3 will host #6 and #4 will host #5. While that technically happened, Loudoun County was given the 4th seed (despite being 3rd in power points) and Loudoun Valley was given the 3rd seed (despite being 4th in power points). It ties back to their respective district finish with tie-breakers I would assume. I have extra Advil if you need some.
I like the district finish determining playoff pairings.

Well damn. Is what it is, but the playoffs should have same rules Personally, I like 1 and 2 getting a bye, think it should be statewide though

Well damn. Is what it is, but the playoffs should have same rules Personally, I like 1 and 2 getting a bye, think it should be statewide though
We will agree to disagree. I like a standard 32 team bracket across the board for all six classifications with the same regional setup and the same rules which govern selecting teams for the playoffs in all classes. I think byes almost cheapen a title in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT