Briar Woods at Tuscarora, 7
Loudoun Valley at Park View, 7
Broad Run at Rock Ridge, 7
Stone Bridge at John Champe, 7
Freedom at Potomac Falls, 7
Dominion at Heritage, 7
Loudoun County at Riverside, 7

Hattip to Loudoun Times Mirror...

Back in 1986 thru about 1996 I lived in Sterling (forest ridge by Herndon) and Park View was outstanding in football most years. They have sure fallen off now.

Back in 1986 thru about 1996 I lived in Sterling (forest ridge by Herndon) and Park View was outstanding in football most years. They have sure fallen off now.

Yeah.

They are trying to rebuild their program.

Park View used to be the only high school for Eastern Loudoun east of Rte 28 and parts of Ashburn?

That is no longer the case. Loudoun has blown up with development, myself included, and now Eastern Loudoun(East if 28) has three high schools.

I lived in Sterling area North of Route 7 until I fled HOAs eleven years ago.

Technically Eastern Loudoun stretches from Fairfax County out to Route 15. This is where the Lion's share of the development occurred and remains even now.

The Park View school zone area has / had a large illegal immigrant population that has done wonders for their soccer program but hurt the football program in my opinion.

Yeah.

They are trying to rebuild their program.

Park View used to be the only high school for Eastern Loudoun east of Rte 28 and parts of Ashburn?

That is no longer the case. Loudoun has blown up with development, myself included, and now Eastern Loudoun(East if 28) has three high schools.

I lived in Sterling area North of Route 7 until I fled HOAs eleven years ago.

Technically Eastern Loudoun stretches from Fairfax County out to Route 15. This is where the Lion's share of the development occurred and remains even now.

The Park View school zone area has / had a large illegal immigrant population that has done wonders for their soccer program but hurt the football program in my opinion.
Yeah , my last year was in Lowes Island just north of RT 7 (nothing but grass out to Leesburg). When I was there I think only 4 high schools- Park View , Broad Run, Loudoun County and Loudoun Valley. I transferred to Williamsburg right as development and traffic got out of hand. I heard the PV coach that was so good also transferred to Stone Bridge. Smart guy!

Yeah , my last year was in Lowes Island just north of RT 7 (nothing but grass out to Leesburg). When I was there I think only 4 high schools- Park View , Broad Run, Loudoun County and Loudoun Valley. I transferred to Williamsburg right as development and traffic got out of hand. I heard the PV coach that was so good also transferred to Stone Bridge. Smart guy!

Yep!

Four H.S. in Loudoun County back then. Now there are FIFTEEN!

Mickey went to Stone Bridge after a lot of success at Park View.

I lived in the Cascades / Lowes Island area as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lafayette
Purcellville! When I was there it was very empty though I remember going there for a great pie store! Now Woodgrove HS and 1500-1600 students. Yikes!

Tom, what game outcomes up there surprised you this week?

I see that Colgan won. Is that there first ever varsity win?

Stone Bridge 35, James Madison 10
Tuscarora 62, Woodgrove 40
Broad Run 39, John Champe 34
Loudoun County 31, Freedom 6
Riverside 34, John Paul the Great 14
Potomac Falls 37, Langley 21
Heritage 29, Washington (W. Va.) 15
South Lakes 42, Dominion 10
Sherando 50, Loudoun Valley 20
Central-Woodstock 75, Park View 21

Records

5A Potomac District
Broad Run (4-0)
Stone Bridge (3-0)
John Champe (3-1)
Tuscarora (3-1)
Potomac Falls (2-2)
Rock Ridge (1-2)
Freedom (0-3)
Briar Woods (0-3)

4A Dulles District
Heritage (3-1)
Riverside (3-1)
Dominion (2-2)
Loudoun County (2-2)
Woodgrove (2-2)
Loudoun Valley (0-3)
Park View (0-4)

Week 5 Schedule

Friday, Sept. 22
Briar Woods at Tuscarora, 7
Loudoun Valley at Park View, 7
Broad Run at Rock Ridge, 7
Stone Bridge at John Champe, 7
Freedom at Potomac Falls, 7
Dominion at Heritage, 7
Loudoun County at Riverside, 7

Hattip to Loudoun Times Mirror...

Tom is that the same Freedom team that beat up on LAke Taylor last week???

@Lafayette who won the overtime Hampton vs Heritage game?

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Tom, what game outcomes up there surprised you this week?

I see that Colgan won. Is that there first ever varsity win?

Colgan is Prince William County, I don't know beans from apple butter about them.

Only three suprises for me this week:

1. Woodgrove did not play up to their potential, disastrous start to game and poor defensive changes after halftime.

2. I thought John Champe would beat Broad Run. Kudos to Broad Run for their continued success.

3. I thought Dominion would put up more of a fight to South Lakes. This is a neat series starting up, Sterling / Cascades / Sugarland Run (Dominion) area versus (South Lakes) Reston, Fairfax area. Now if they can get Herndon on schedule it will be awesome!

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Tom is that the same Freedom team that beat up on LAke Taylor last week???

@Lafayette who won the overtime Hampton vs Heritage game?

Naw.

Freedom (South Riding) does not have a snowballs chance in hell of beating Lake Taylor.

Freedom (South Riding) does have a new coach who came over from Stone Bridge H.S. though so hopefully they will build up their program ASAP and be a proper rival for John Champe!

Well, if I don't look like an idiot! (Shut up Bleeding Navy). That was Freedom-Woodbridge that beat LT.

I'll slink off now!

The current Stone Bridge and Briar Woods coaches are both former Park View head coaches. Their last winning season was in 2009, then the coach of that team left for a short stint at South Lakes and it fell apart quickly after that. School is now 64% Hispanic which is usually not a recipe for a strong football program.

They could still probably beat TJ of Fairfax County. Surprised that Manassas Park isn't on their schedule this year.

Reactions: Tom Potter
Hard to believe the Heritage team solidly beat by Warhill almost beat Hampton. Lost in OT!

I thought Hampton would be the one beacon of light for 5A in the Penn. District. Hard to imagine they compete with Richmond and NOVA 5's. Lets see if they can beat pheobus

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT