ADVERTISEMENT

Lord Botetourt-Northside

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
Last year LB was the only team to beat Northside, this year both teams have 2 losses, so how will it go?

Both LB and NS look much better than their early season losses. Defensively, both are really good. It seems like both d-lines are strong. I would give the edge to NS in the secondary. Offensively, both have stellar line play and backs that will move the ball. LB is more one dimensional, but can throw it when necessary. However, I think this is where NS has a noticeable advantage. Hardister is maturing and playing better. Wampler, Porterfield, and Jackson all have great hands and will stretch the secondary. Jackson obviously is a big play threat and is gone if he gets open field. I think this is going to be a close game in which NS wins with a 4th qtr score. I'm going 21-14 NS. I think both teams will be dangerous in the playoffs. I can see either making deep runs.

I think Northside will win by 28-17. LB will fight hard since a loss may put them on the playoff bubble. Right now they are #14 seed. LB is without Bobby Staples who broke his ankle. That takes away a deep threat and a big part of their return game. Northside has too many weapons in the end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT