ADVERTISEMENT

Lotd Botetourt Schedule

If I'm not mistaken, this senior class at Appo is one they have talked about being similar to the 2016 season, meaning....Appo is going to be dynamite and may have on paper at least, the best or second best team they've had during this run. An Appo fan can speak more to that. I may be wrong. This means a bunch and Appo has the athletes and quick striking ability to cause LB problems. No offense to LB. I think Appo beats LB by 7 points.

With Riverheads, it seems their style gives speedy teams fits. They've always matched up well with teams like Galax, Lunenberg, Essex, etc. The teams that give them problems (and there aren't many of them) are more physical teams for example, former Lee-Staunton and/or Draft. I think this matchup is a bad one for Riverheads. It's tough to out grind LB and LB absolutely loves a game where it's run vs run, mono e Mano, smash it on the ground. This plays exactly in favor of LB and I think LB wins it by 13 points.

If Appo and Riverheads played, notice the swing in the above games in my opinion would be a 20 point difference in Appo and Riverheads with LB. Well, if the two played directly (Appo vs Riverheads) I think it would be much closer because Riverheads seems to shine against athletic teams and thrives on gashing them on the ground, killing clock, and getting them out of rythm. Only my take on it.
That 2016 was some kind of special. Those guys played together since they had diapers on. A really special breed not likely to be seen again. However your partly correct as we did not lose a big number of seniors and have some really good jv players moving into varsity this year. Im hearing we have a large turnout for jv this year!

If I'm not mistaken, this senior class at Appo is one they have talked about being similar to the 2016 season, meaning....Appo is going to be dynamite and may have on paper at least, the best or second best team they've had during this run. An Appo fan can speak more to that. I may be wrong. This means a bunch and Appo has the athletes and quick striking ability to cause LB problems. No offense to LB. I think Appo beats LB by 7 points.

With Riverheads, it seems their style gives speedy teams fits. They've always matched up well with teams like Galax, Lunenberg, Essex, etc. The teams that give them problems (and there aren't many of them) are more physical teams for example, former Lee-Staunton and/or Draft. I think this matchup is a bad one for Riverheads. It's tough to out grind LB and LB absolutely loves a game where it's run vs run, mono e Mano, smash it on the ground. This plays exactly in favor of LB and I think LB wins it by 13 points.

If Appo and Riverheads played, notice the swing in the above games in my opinion would be a 20 point difference in Appo and Riverheads with LB. Well, if the two played directly (Appo vs Riverheads) I think it would be much closer because Riverheads seems to shine against athletic teams and thrives on gashing them on the ground, killing clock, and getting them out of rythm. Only my take on it.
Very good assessment. Thats exactly what Galax was able to do to us in 2015. We definitely have more trouble with teams that can match our smash mouth 3 yds and a cloud of dust play vs speed teams.

Reactions: Bama1985
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT