ADVERTISEMENT

Louisa 36 King George 26

anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b

VaPreps All Region
Aug 28, 2005
Statement made. The Lion offense ran on all cylinders all game, on the ground and through the air, besides a pick 6 and a fumble, both in the 3rd quarter. I'm very proud of the defense in the second half, they held the Foxes offense to 1 touchdown with a minute left in the game. I gotta give a big shout out to my cousin #3 Gavin Hiter for a clutch interception and fumble recovery in the second half!

Louisa racked up 500 yards of total offense tonight on 73 plays! Job Whalen rushed 42 times for 238 yards and 2 TDs. Malik Bell had 8 carries for 91 yards. Jordan Cherry was 6-8-1 passing for 118 yards and a 54-yard TD to Marquis Lee, who had 105 yards on 5 catches. Cherry also rushed for 34 yards and 2 TDs. Even Malik Bell threw a fade pass to Lee on a 2-point conversion. Just an offensive clinic tonight from the Lions with a starting lineman suspended, regardless of the opponent, and KG isn't a bad team at all.

The Lion defense was more of the same in the first half as it had been the last two weeks, but they woke up and played pretty well in the second half. They held KG to a 3 and out on their first drive of the 3rd quarter, and later was very stout in the red zone, picking the ball off on 4th down. I'm very proud of the progress made. Jordan Aley of KG is one fast son of a gun, and would be a star on any team. That kid flat out flies, runs a 4.45 40. I can imagine him beside Navy Jones in Jefferson Forest's offense. And he's only a junior. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT