ADVERTISEMENT

Louisa @ Charlottesville

May 22, 2016
This game was close for 3 qtrs. Then the 4th came along and Louisa pulled away from them. Louisa ended up winning 55-38. I don’t know if Charlottesville scored in the final period. Hunter is a huge difference maker. He controls the game beautifully. This team is a lot different from where they were the first game of the season. Even without Poindexter I believe they have enough to make a deep run. Region 4B is pretty tough though. Louisa, Monacan, Caroline and Courtland all should be fun to watch down the stretch.

That’s so true. I think I posted in an earlier post about how hard Powhatan play. It’s a fight right now for 4th place in the district too.

This game was close for 3 qtrs. Then the 4th came along and Louisa pulled away from them. Louisa ended up winning 55-38. I don’t know if Charlottesville scored in the final period. Hunter is a huge difference maker. He controls the game beautifully. This team is a lot different from where they were the first game of the season. Even without Poindexter I believe they have enough to make a deep run. Region 4B is pretty tough though. Louisa, Monacan, Caroline and Courtland all should be fun to watch down the stretch.
Add Huguenot in there too.

Reactions: CarolineCav99
Very impressive to hold a quality opponent scoreless in the fourth quarter.

I’ve felt ever since I saw Louisa play Caroline that they have what it takes to make a run. Very athletic, physical and well-conditioned basketball team. You can tell that their kids put the work in.

End of the season and tourney time is going to be a lot of fun!!

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
That’s so true. I think I posted in an earlier post about how hard Powhatan play. It’s a fight right now for 4th place in the district too.

Cville should lock up the 4 seed after their win over Powhatan last night. Their opponents left are Monticello, Orange, Albemarle and Powhatan again.

Last few years it's only been top 4. This year it will be 8. It depends on how the Albemarle/Louisa game turns out but right now it looks like:

#1 Albemarle vs #8 Fluvanna
#2 Louisa vs #7 Powhatan
#3 Western Albemarle vs #6 Monticello
#4 Charlottesville vs #5 Orange

Reactions: CarolineCav99
Wow I wonder how the location is determined for the tournament. What if Louisa and Albemarle ends at 13-1 Records? Then what?

I think that's what will happen. Not sure how the tiebreaker works. Two years ago, Albemarle, Western, and Charlottesville all finished 12-2 in the district, but somehow they figured out Western and Charlottesville were the 2 and 3 seeds and Albemarle got the 1 seed. I think it's overall record. That year, it was Western vs Albemarle in the district championship, and since both had identical district records and split the regular season, the game was at Charlottesville. Assuming Albemarle and Louisa both finish 13-1, then I think the district tournament will be at Albemarle because overall AHS will have a better overall record (assuming they only lose to Louisa) record. Don't quote me on this though, I'm not sure.

I heard this evening that all 8 teams will be in the Jefferson District Tournament. The boys championship game will be played on the No. 1 Seed girls home court.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT