ADVERTISEMENT

Louisa Co preview

Love this review. Lions have some very good pieces in place. Fischer is a great Coach. But the schedule is rough.

I really wish the West could run these kind of gauntlets. They just don't. They just don't. I understand what happened last year but I still see it as an aberration. Those West teams just don't get to rest players, cruise through games, go undefeated, avoid injuries and get a first week bye if they play a Louisa schedule. They just don't. IMO.

Love this review. Lions have some very good pieces in place. Fischer is a great Coach. But the schedule is rough.

I really wish the West could run these kind of gauntlets. They just don't. They just don't. I understand what happened last year but I still see it as an aberration. Those West teams just don't get to rest players, cruise through games, go undefeated, avoid injuries and get a first week bye if they play a Louisa schedule. They just don't. IMO.
You should make a post about schedules.

Date Opponent Result
8/267:00p
@ Sherando (Stephens City, VA)
Preview Game
9/97:30p
Courtland (Spotsylvania, VA)
Game Details: Louisa County HS
Preview Game
9/167:30p
King George (King George, VA)
Preview Game
9/237:30p
Albemarle (Charlottesville, VA)
Preview Game
9/307:30p
Fluvanna County (Palmyra, VA)
Game Details: Louisa County HS
Preview Game
10/77:30p
@ Powhatan (Powhatan, VA)
Preview Game
10/147:00p
@ Western Albemarle (Crozet, VA)
Preview Game
10/147:30p
@ Monticello (Charlottesville, VA)
Preview Game
10/217:30p
@ Monticello (Charlottesville, VA)
Preview Game
10/287:30p
Orange County (Orange, VA)
Preview Game
11/47:00p
@ Charlottesville (Charlottesville, VA)

You should make a post about schedules.
Shauntclair is to schedules as HR6 is to the Spread. No worries, just point to the picture of 7 RINGS!!

Reactions: hamspear
AHH, Football season is upon us. I will weigh in on Louisa. First, I read the article and was surprised that of the three most pressing concerns, Defense wasn't mentioned. Offensively they have the talent to go deep into the playoffs, however if they aren't a lot better on the defensive side of the ball then they will more than likely underachieve and be bounced in the 1st or 2nd round again. As far as the schedule is concerned, Sherando will be the best team they play by far. I don't see Courtland being a problem this year as the Lions have played them tough the past 2 years and regardless of what people on here say they will be down this year. KG should be a W as well. As for the Jefferson, the Lions JV team was in the championship last year( I think they won it but not sure) with the majority of the Sophomore and Fresh talent on varsity so their chances look good. Anything worse than 7-3 would be a disappointment IMO.

If Louisa can be better on defense (with Fisher calling the D you would think so) they will be a strong 4A playoff contender.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
The worst I see is 6-4, but I can easily see 8-2. As far as deeper than two games in the playoffs, that is more a function of how the seeding and matchups play out than a testament to how good they are this year.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
They will get past the Cougars this year as it is a home game and the Cougars are in rebuilding/reloading year. They have very good talented kids, but this year they are just entirely to young in most of the critical positions. They have impressive size, the R backs are puppies with Freshman and Sophs manning those spots. The QB position is in good hands, even with the transfer of last years QB. He is a dual threat with a real good arm and he runs the system very well, just young! Defense will be a strong spot as the D-line is huge, and the D backs are very skilled and experienced.A long playoff push just goes along way for the following year, many underclassmen and lower got plenty of playing time. This is the year to get some payback on the cougars, however standby for 2017! As far as the Louisa game, Courtland JV won last year like 44-6, does any of that make a difference with varsity game this year? probably not, because the Lions have more returning talent and skilled players than the Cougars.

They will get past the Cougars this year as it is a home game and the Cougars are in rebuilding/reloading year. They have very good talented kids, but this year they are just entirely to young in most of the critical positions. They have impressive size, the R backs are puppies with Freshman and Sophs manning those spots. The QB position is in good hands, even with the transfer of last years QB. He is a dual threat with a real good arm and he runs the system very well, just young! Defense will be a strong spot as the D-line is huge, and the D backs are very skilled and experienced.A long playoff push just goes along way for the following year, many underclassmen and lower got plenty of playing time. This is the year to get some payback on the cougars, however standby for 2017! As far as the Louisa game, Courtland JV won last year like 44-6, does any of that make a difference with varsity game this year? probably not, because the Lions have more returning talent and skilled players than the Cougars.
I'm not always sure which team you're referring to here. For example, Freshmen don't play Varsity at Courtland. That's been JC's policy for years. transfer QB? Which team? Huge DLine? Which team?

JV performance means little to me. Training Camp for Varsity. Some players may excite but most don't really develop till their Sophomore year. Too many physical changes going on at that age.

Like I said before. With the Cougar schedule, I expect 6 - 4. Maybe 7 - 3. And a couple of playoff wins. That will be what is expected of them.

Shaunty, he has to be talking about Courtland. Louisa's entire backfield are upperclassman now.
We'll see but the contradictions stand. Like Freshmen don't play Varsity at Courtland. Even if he's the freakin' Son of God. so He's mixing things up or just flat out wrong.

Sorry guys , I was talking about Courtland in my comments, and Shauntie times have changed at the Cougars Den! remember these two names Kam-Ron Taylor and DJ Jones, two high impact players whom both played as freshmen last year, quite a bit in the playoffs and will be starters this year. Two of the young up and coming pups I have spoken about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT