ADVERTISEMENT

Louisa Head Football Coach

What's the big secret about this hire? It seems this has gotten crazy with the announcement. I understand the missed school days etc but dang Louisa AD just make the announcement.

What's the big secret about this hire? It seems this has gotten crazy with the announcement. I understand the missed school days etc but dang Louisa AD just make the announcement.

I don't know the coach or AD personally but I'd assume the AD just wants to promote his football program by having a nice ceremony to introduce his next head coach. Nothing wrong with it IMO.

Question for you OC, who does EV have lined up for preseason scrimmages next year?

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I don't know the coach or AD personally but I'd assume the AD just wants to promote his football program by having a nice ceremony to introduce his next head coach. Nothing wrong with it IMO.

Question for you OC, who does EV have lined up for preseason scrimmages next year?
Have no clue maybe Loudoun County again but not sure. The schedule isn't even posted on their website. They usually have it updated for the entire two year cycle so I'm not sure. I'm sure Hatfield and Sherry would gauge that as a good scrimmage. A Charlottesville/EV benefit game would be great. Kettle Run was the Benefit game last year.

Unfortunately what you fail to understand this is not just an announcement this is a community event .

Today, we’re proud to introduce Will Patrick as the new head coach for the Louisa Lions football team!

Coach Patrick spent the last five seasons as Offensive Coordinator, and the last two seasons as Assistant Head Coach. Coach Patrick helped lead Louisa’s offense to its most prolific season in school history in 2017, scoring a school record 634 points.

Go Lions!

Have no clue maybe Loudoun County again but not sure. The schedule isn't even posted on their website. They usually have it updated for the entire two year cycle so I'm not sure. I'm sure Hatfield and Sherry would gauge that as a good scrimmage. A Charlottesville/EV benefit game would be great. Kettle Run was the Benefit game last year.
You know the regular season will be the same as this past year. I would like to see a scrimmage with Louisa and/or Sherando. They've scrimmaged Sherando recently.

CHS finalized 2018-19 scrimmage schedule. @ Park View-Sterling w/ John Handley jamboree to open and we'll host Waynesboro & Massaponax in the 2nd scrimmage.
Interesting news out of the Jefferson this week. Powhatan will be leaving the district starting in 2019-2020 cycle. Maybe @appydawg85 can fill us in on what district they'll land in.
With Powhatan leaving, all JD teams will now need a 4th non-district game come '19-20 cycle. Spoke to our AD today, keep your fingers crossed @OCBoy , @EVcyc , keep your ears open for confirmation.
We've renewed our other three non-district opponents for the '19-20 cycle with Glass, JM & Hburg.

CHS finalized 2018-19 scrimmage schedule. @ Park View-Sterling w/ John Handley jamboree to open and we'll host Waynesboro & Massaponax in the 2nd scrimmage.
Interesting news out of the Jefferson this week. Powhatan will be leaving the district starting in 2019-2020 cycle. Maybe @appydawg85 can fill us in on what district they'll land in.
With Powhatan leaving, all JD teams will now need a 4th non-district game come '19-20 cycle. Spoke to our AD today, keep your fingers crossed @OCBoy , @EVcyc , keep your ears open for confirmation.
We've renewed our other three non-district opponents for the '19-20 cycle with Glass, JM & Hburg.
They need to go to a Richmond district. I’m sure EV would love for Charlottesville to be back on their schedule. EV should drop Turner Ashby or Brentsville and add Liberty and Charlottesville

Powhatan is heading to the Dominion District.
Is their enrollment pushing them up to 5A? This make sense from a travel perspective and competitively. Powhatan will have a tougher road in football and boys basketball, but all of their other sports will be able to more than hold their own in the Dominion.

Reactions: one man
I think this was a decision based on lost class time and finances due to longer road trips in the JD.

Reactions: OCBoy
If Powhatan is in the Dominion then the entire Dominion district is screwed. That means 1 OOD game. Meadowbrook should be in the dominion along with TD...

Let Wythe and Huguenot form a new richmond city district and send Powhatan out to the central district

Powhatan is a 10 minute drive to Midlo, JR, and Monacan. And not much farther to Huguenot. If anyone needs to go to the Central district, it is Bird or Manchester

My take
Dominion: Bird, Manchester, Clover Hill, Cosby, James River, Thomas Dale, Meadowbrook,and Matoaca (class 6 and 5)
Central: Monacan, Midlothian, Powhatan, Dinwiddie, Hopewell, Prince George, Colonial Heights and Petersburg (class 4 and 3).

This gives each district team two ood games to earn points and you could keep at least one rivalry game.. Example: Dale vs. Dinwiddie, Monacan vs. Manchester.

Wythe and Huguenot to Richmond.

My take
Dominion: Bird, Manchester, Clover Hill, Cosby, James River, Thomas Dale, Meadowbrook,and Matoaca (class 6 and 5)
Central: Monacan, Midlothian, Powhatan, Dinwiddie, Hopewell, Prince George, Colonial Heights and Petersburg (class 4 and 3).

This gives each district team two ood games to earn points and you could keep at least one rivalry game.. Example: Dale vs. Dinwiddie, Monacan vs. Manchester.

Solid plan although Prince George is a pretty good sized school

My take

I would be ok with this

I'm a little curious about the Powhatan move. All member schools in a district must vote yes to let a school leave. And all member schools must vote yes to permit a school to join their district. And both of these moves must be approved by the VHSL, (but this is just a formality).

So, it's hard to believe that Powhatan has asked for and gained approval to leave the Jefferson without having prior approval to join another district. Sounds risky.

Would love to see the whole old Battlefield District get back together, through Culpeper in with Louisa and Orange.
Been saying that for years. DP wasn’t not to long ago Powhatan was considering the Battlefield before settling into the Jefferson

What is driving the growth in Orange County?
That’s a good question I’m not sure. I do know they built a new middle school years ago then closed it. After being open a few years it reopened but I think that might have been budget issues. I do know the housing has picked up and it could be the northern Virginia effect of people moving and building cheaper and commuting into northern va

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
How about an unbiased view of William Fleming? As a school, as a football program, and what the economic future looks like for out in that area?

How about an unbiased view of William Fleming? As a school, as a football program, and what the economic future looks like for out in that area?
I think Fleming has an issue with administration supporting a coach through thick and thin. That school used to be a hotbed and in the playoffs yearly when they were in the old AAA

Reactions: iskolinbckers
Thank you. It appeared to me that there was an issue of some kind there. This fits what I perceived.

Is that area economically stable, or is it like most areas in southern and western Virginia, struggling to maintain jobs.

Thank you. It appeared to me that there was an issue of some kind there. This fits what I perceived.

Is that area economically stable, or is it like most areas in southern and western Virginia, struggling to maintain jobs.
Fleming is in Roanoke so it's pretty stable. It is adapting to changes in the economy with slow growth. A lot of growth involved in the medical field surrounding Carilion.

Fleming (and P.H.) has one of the nicest school campuses in the state. Very attractable job, just gotta find the right person to run the program. You’d think that Fleming and PH would dominate the Roanoke area...Nope!

Reactions: 97Srhs24095
I think it was the Fleming Coach I met in the stands, during the 2014 championship games at LU. I can't remember for sure it that was where he coached, but I do remember him as being a very personable gentleman. He was sitting a row behind us on the MV side.

The northern part or locust grove area is exploding, believe me I live there. The Rt 3 corridor is expanding with both commercial and residential construction. Ryan homes has started building both houses, apartments and town homes in this area. The future for this area isfull of planed commercial businesses such as Lowes, a couple reasturants and hotel. A newer community is being planned rifht next to sommerset and rapidan golf course. Hous ing us chesper in this area and people are movibg here. My good friend who is s trooper and is relocaring sold his house in 5 days. The school board has started talking about a second HS which is very much needed. The nee middle school opened about 7 years ago and the old one became an elementary school for 3rd thru 5th grades.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT