ADVERTISEMENT

LOUISA needs a SCRIMMAGE!!!!!!

Louisadad

VaPreps Rookie
Aug 21, 2013
Hello everyone from THE JUNGLE !!!! We are looking for a SCRIMMAGE !! Please contact the Head Ball Coach at Fischeml@lcps.k12.va.us

Probably would be more effective if you provide the date(s) that are open.

I've tried to contact Coach Fisher...we (Amherst) are looking for a Benefit Game August 21st.

They ( Louisa ) only want to play teams that they think will be a easy win. That's why they added Sherando the first week of the season.

Clearly, picking Sherando indicates that's exactly what they're looking for.
roll.r191677.gif

Keep making calls. Follow up with e-mails. Copy the Principle for non-response. At least you'll get something then. SOP for business. You wouldn't be begging. Just Professional and expecting to be treated as such.

GL. I know an Amherst/Louisa Benefit game would make decent money. I have no doubt they would sell out the home side if it was played at the Jungle. The Amherst faithful are just as dedicated and it would be a good game. All positives in my book if you can make it happen.

Sherando is just Pawn on Louisa's Chessboard, heard that from several different people lately from down there that it was the thought was when they decided to schedule the Warriors. I have to say though , a lot of teams don't want a benefit game. they just want to practice, in a less formal setting than a benefit game.

DAD haven't seen you at the basketball games lately but the other night I brought 2 of my football friends from spotsy to see my grandson play. these guys are avid fans that have seen many a hs football games. they were overwhelmed by those awesome football freshmen playing basketball. job whalen malik bell Raquan jones and sophomore Quinton ragland were all over the floor against a very good Amherst team. these guys are spotsy fans galore and to hear them rave about non spotsy players was a first. they could not believe their size and athletic ability of those players. they said they looked like seniors rather than freshmen and couldn't imagine what they would be like on the football field the next 3 years. one thing one remarked to me was how much malik bell favored one of the greatest players in spotsy history steve atkins. after looking closely at him that is true. he was about the same size with the same athletic ability and favored him in facial appearance and build. what a compliment from them of all people. I don't know if you ever saw atkins but he went on and stared for Maryland and the green bay packers. quite a compliment to be compared to atkins especially from 2 die hard spotsy fans. boy does the outlook look good for Louisa!

not so. if they did they would have kept playing spotsy the first game!

Originally posted by skynard1:
DAD haven't seen you at the basketball games lately but the other night I brought 2 of my football friends from spotsy to see my grandson play. these guys are avid fans that have seen many a hs football games. they were overwhelmed by those awesome football freshmen playing basketball. job whalen malik bell Raquan jones and sophomore Quinton ragland were all over the floor against a very good Amherst team. these guys are spotsy fans galore and to hear them rave about non spotsy players was a first. they could not believe their size and athletic ability of those players. they said they looked like seniors rather than freshmen and couldn't imagine what they would be like on the football field the next 3 years. one thing one remarked to me was how much malik bell favored one of the greatest players in spotsy history steve atkins. after looking closely at him that is true. he was about the same size with the same athletic ability and favored him in facial appearance and build. what a compliment from them of all people. I don't know if you ever saw atkins but he went on and stared for Maryland and the green bay packers. quite a compliment to be compared to atkins especially from 2 die hard spotsy fans. boy does the outlook look good for Louisa!
I know you're complimenting our guys, but Amherst's basketball team is terrible. I don't know how you saw a "very good" team.

12 and 4 ain't terrible unless they played 12 cup cakes! talked to the Amherst coach before the game! if you don't think those freshman ain't full of talent than I feel sorry for you.between my two spotsy friends and me we have about 100 years combined of watching hs athletes and I would think we know a little about talent don't you think? a 12 and 4 team must be a pretty good team don't you think!
This post was edited on 2/5 10:11 PM by skynard1

Originally posted by skynard1:

12 and 4 ain't terrible unless they played 12 cup cakes! talked to the Amherst coach before the game! if you don't think those freshman ain't full of talent than I feel sorry for you.between my two spotsy friends and me we have about 100 years combined of watching hs athletes and I would think we know a little about talent don't you think? a 12 and 4 team must be a pretty good team don't you think!
This post was edited on 2/5 10:11 PM by skynard1
Ohhhh, you were talking about JV. I thought you were talking about varsity. My bad!
This post was edited on 2/6 1:01 PM by HoosFan05

Sorry Coach Phillips I should've told you last night at the BBall game. Both of our Scrimmages are full now. Good Luck.
This post was edited on 2/10 2:42 PM by Louisadad

Re: Scrimmages are complete!

Thanks everyone!! Our Scrimmages are now complete. Good Luck All....

I don't know what is typical across the state, but both of Dinwiddie's scrimmages last year were multi team scrimmages. Meaning four teams down at the beach, and three teams at Bird. I can just assume that the coaching staffs like this format. I know as a fan it was terrific.

I can't reply to that right now. We need to inform all of our coaching staff and players first. We will not go through what we went through last year!! Respect the GAME!! Right now we are working on getting back into a locker room a place we can call home.
This post was edited on 2/12 11:51 AM by Louisadad

Louisadad, its no Biggie. Was just what I was told from a few posters privately on here. If I had a choice between playing Dinwiddie and Sherando, I would pick Sherando also for the easy win if I was Louisa.

Louisa moves to conference 19 in 2015. We wanted to play out of conference as every poster here knows there is no shame playing Sherando then go to Courtland. I don't think we were looking for easy W.

I can accept the sarcasm when you put this out there the first time. Why twice? Just curiously unexpected.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT