ADVERTISEMENT

LOUISA

racindan4u

VaPreps Rookie
Oct 16, 2014
yes this is the critical thing.....faster start. they came out half asleep with courtland. the only thing that was close in that game was the first 10 min then it was even the rest of the first half. courtland had 2 plays in the first half while louisa was still waking up. a bad snap caused the interception along with six players watching the tipped pass and no one even made an attempt to knock it down. the second half started louisa and ended alllll louisa. if louisa starts that way again its all over but if they start the way they ended the night last week they can win the game at Monacan this week. don't confuse last years team with this years. yes they are 95 percent the same lions but they are 98 percent more healthy than last year plus the addition of 3 offensive crossovers so I will see you all there this Friday and good luck to Monacan also.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
Monocan will win this game and that is all that needs to be said regarding this game.

Obviously. Louisa would have clearly been like 4th or 5th in the Battlefield. The Cougars should have beat the Lions on Friday. I mean I don't know why the Louisa is going to even bother to go down there. And if they would happen to luck into a win against Monacan then they should probably just forfeit the next round to EV because they are obviously going to blowout Dinwiddie.

Or we can just common sense look at things and be thankful that we have the 4 best teams in 4B playing each other. I sincerely hope both games are good ones and that the better team wins. I don't think anyone is an obvious underdog. The Cougars will be a good team next year and were much improved from Week 1 to Week 11. However Louisa gave you two turnovers inside their own 20 and the refs negated a Louisa interception on a phantom holding call. You fought hard but Louisa was clearly the better team after 4 Quarters. Don't get in your feelings about it. The boys tried as hard as they could but it wasn't enough. I know JC and Brek from back in the day and they are good dudes so I hope they do well but no need to attack the team you lost to. No hard feelings sir!

Obviously. Louisa would have clearly been like 4th or 5th in the Battlefield. The Cougars should have beat the Lions on Friday. I mean I don't know why the Louisa is going to even bother to go down there. And if they would happen to luck into a win against Monacan then they should probably just forfeit the next round to EV because they are obviously going to blowout Dinwiddie.

Or we can just common sense look at things and be thankful that we have the 4 best teams in 4B playing each other. I sincerely hope both games are good ones and that the better team wins. I don't think anyone is an obvious underdog. The Cougars will be a good team next year and were much improved from Week 1 to Week 11. However Louisa gave you two turnovers inside their own 20 and the refs negated a Louisa interception on a phantom holding call. You fought hard but Louisa was clearly the better team after 4 Quarters. Don't get in your feelings about it. The boys tried as hard as they could but it wasn't enough. I know JC and Brek from back in the day and they are good dudes so I hope they do well but no need to attack the team you lost to. No hard feelings sir!
The problem is when you have Louisa fans thinking they are untouchable and beyond a shadow of grace it tends to put people in a position to post stuff like that. People are getting tired of hearing the what ifs etc play the dang game and move on. If you lose you lose. If you win you win. But lose with integrity and win with pride. Act like you’ve been here before.

The problem is when you have Louisa fans thinking they are untouchable and beyond a shadow of grace it tends to put people in a position to post stuff like that. People are getting tired of hearing the what ifs etc play the dang game and move on. If you lose you lose. If you win you win. But lose with integrity and win with pride. Act like you’ve been here before.
Lol

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I'm pretty sure I said louisa came out slow and not on their game and made plenty of mistakes and nowhere did I say they would beat Monacan just that louisa has a chance to win unlike most on this forum. I did fail mention the horrendous snaps louisa made and that will kill them if they don't tighten those up. I for sure thought courtland much improved over the first game.

I guess you are still referring to Hoos. Every post I’ve read about the Courtland game has complimented them on how much they have improved and what a good game it was. I also haven’t read a single post that was proclaiming Louisa was untouchable. They are beatable and it could happen this Friday. If they do get beat I will not be on here on Monday with sour grapes saying that Dinwiddie/EV is going to destroy Monacan. @courtlandcougars1987 has been on this thread and the EV/Dinwiddie thread calling out Louisa and Dinwiddie. I simply think he is an upset fan. As a Louisa fan that is not over the top on how good they are I’m tired of all the people that take shots at the Lions because of one poster on preps. Hoos does not represent the vast majority of people that follow the Lions. No need for taking shots at teams. You are welcome to an opinion just my two cents. As the kids say these days don’t @ me.

Haha!

Reactions: gwb16 and 7time
I guess you are still referring to Hoos. Every post I’ve read about the Courtland game has complimented them on how much they have improved and what a good game it was. I also haven’t read a single post that was proclaiming Louisa was untouchable. They are beatable and it could happen this Friday. If they do get beat I will not be on here on Monday with sour grapes saying that Dinwiddie/EV is going to destroy Monacan. @courtlandcougars1987 has been on this thread and the EV/Dinwiddie thread calling out Louisa and Dinwiddie. I simply think he is an upset fan. As a Louisa fan that is not over the top on how good they are I’m tired of all the people that take shots at the Lions because of one poster on preps. Hoos does not represent the vast majority of people that follow the Lions. No need for taking shots at teams. You are welcome to an opinion just my two cents. As the kids say these days don’t @ me.

Haha!
Not referring to you or hoos just speaking in general and not even necessarily Louisa. People get butt hurt over some truths about their teams and it’s running good people off this board

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Not referring to you or hoos just speaking in general and not even necessarily Louisa. People get butt hurt over some truths about their teams and it’s running good people off this board

Pretty sure you said Louisa in your post. But in general I actually agree with you. In speaking about Louisa specifically what I have found over the last few years of following the Lions is that way too many people are still acting like 2006 is going to happen every year in Louisa. It’s not. I would deem Louisa football as successful if they won the Jefferson every 2 or 3 years, made the playoffs 4 out of 5 years and had a run like this year every 5 or so. They simply do not have the jimmy and joes every year to compete at an elite level. Having said that they must capitalize on the years they do have the studs which they have done this year. I hope for the players and coaches sakes they come out victorious on Friday but if not there should be no shame in the season they have had. No what ifs, just go play and win. And if you lose just be able to look in mirror and know you gave it everything and it didn’t work out. No excuses.

Reactions: 1Gensfan and OCBoy
Louisa still hasn’t played one top ten caliber team. Studs or no studs, we will see eventually. This crap happens every year across 4A football . Bottom line is , nobody is truly sure about Monacan either. They can say they are, but who really knows. That’s why the games are played.
It might be the semis , before Louisa is exposed , or not. Either way it’s been a good season and something to be proud of.

Louisa still hasn’t played one top ten caliber team. Studs or no studs, we will see eventually. This crap happens every year across 4A football . Bottom line is , nobody is truly sure about Monacan either. They can say they are, but who really knows. That’s why the games are played.
It might be the semis , before Louisa is exposed , or not. Either way it’s been a good season and something to be proud of.

Agreed. Real test starts on Friday night. They put themselves in a position to prove they belong this year. Hasn’t been the case the last few. Loses to teams they were more talented than have held them back. Offensive coaching staff came out with much better game plans each week this year. And the decision to finally play their best 5 or 6 both ways have given them an opportunity to be in this situation. Job Whalen specifically has been an revelation on defense. Why that kid only stood at tailback for the first 3 years is beyond me. He is the soul of that team. Full of heart and guts. His game last year against Monacan was one of the best individual efforts I have seen from a HS football player. A week after his mother passed away and with pretty much every other offensive weapon hurt, he had like 35 carries for 190 against Monacan. They knew he was getting the ball every play and pounded him accordingly but he just kept fighting. They might not have won that game but I believe he probably proved a lot to himself about his own level of toughness and perseverance. Beyond excited for the opportunity these young men have in front of them.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
I disagree that Monacan hasn't been tested. I don't know if you can have bigger tests in their area than Manchester and LC Bird. They passed both of those. It may not help them this week, but they have been in battles against quality teams and prevailed.

I disagree that Monacan hasn't been tested. I don't know if you can have bigger tests in their area than Manchester and LC Bird. They passed both of those. It may not help them this week, but they have been in battles against quality teams and prevailed.

Playing those two opponents far outweighs any opponent Louisa has played, so I definitely see that as an advantage for Monacan. Manchester is a top 5 threat in Class 6 to win the state championship and LC Bird was a top 10 team in Class 5, even with their up-and-down season. That doesn't mean Monacan is going to win, and it doesn't mean Louisa won't end up being the better team on Friday. It just means that when things get tough and they're facing adversity, they've been battle tested and won't panic. Definitely a positive IMHO.

Last edited:
Playing those two opponents far outweighs any opponent Louisa has played, so I definitely see that as an advantage for Monacan. Manchester is a top 5 threat in Class 6 to win the state championship and LC Bird was a top 10 team in Class 5, even with their up-and-down season. That doesn't mean Monacan is going to win, and it doesn't mean Louisa won't end up being the better team on Friday. It just means that when things get tough and they're facing adversity, they've been battle tested and won't panic. Definitely a positive IMHO.

Agreed. I think the out of district schedule was a disappointment for the Lions. Chancellor and Courtland are usually better than they were this year. I feel as though the JD was similar to what it usually is. I think last Friday being a competitive game into the 4th quarter will help Louisa because they simply haven't had to face any real adversity all year. Monticello, Albemarle, and CVille were all billed as games that should have been battles and Louisa had a running clock by the half in all three.

I think its the same story in the EV/Dinwidde game. Dinwiddie has played some top level competition but EV has not. Doesn't mean Dinwiddie will win but does give them an advantage in terms of the tests they have faced.

Agreed. Real test starts on Friday night. They put themselves in a position to prove they belong this year. Hasn’t been the case the last few. Loses to teams they were more talented than have held them back. Offensive coaching staff came out with much better game plans each week this year. And the decision to finally play their best 5 or 6 both ways have given them an opportunity to be in this situation. Job Whalen specifically has been an revelation on defense. Why that kid only stood at tailback for the first 3 years is beyond me. He is the soul of that team. Full of heart and guts. His game last year against Monacan was one of the best individual efforts I have seen from a HS football player. A week after his mother passed away and with pretty much every other offensive weapon hurt, he had like 35 carries for 190 against Monacan. They knew he was getting the ball every play and pounded him accordingly but he just kept fighting. They might not have won that game but I believe he probably proved a lot to himself about his own level of toughness and perseverance. Beyond excited for the opportunity these young men have in front of them.

Job Whalen didn't earn our respect, because he already had it! Louisa has some really good ball players. A lot of them are big kids though and should be doing this stuff. Job isn't. He just has a crazy motor and no fear and is a smaller kid that runs like he is an anvil. So we respected him off the bat. Looks like he got a little bigger too in the offseason. He is a swiss army knife that can do multiple things. We know he is going to be tough again on Friday!

Nothing wrong with Louisa ending up 11-1. There at least 45 other teams in 4A that would be totally hype with that. Now if Louisa goes out and wins this game in any type of fashion , it doesn’t matter what the score is then , Dinwiddie or EV better get there big britches on.

Lets be brutally honest here, Louisa goes by the way of Bell, at least for this year.. Take out or flip Bell from super human to human and you half way paralyze them. They are trully one denominational "but" on occasion can complete a pass, but are not going to sling it all over on you. No direspect to Louisa and not sore about losing last week, we were supposed too! Just getting to the point here. 32-21 Monocan.

cougar you are clearly upset that your were beat by louisa. you lost before you even got to the game if you thought you were supposed to lose. clearly you don't know the lions as they are NOT just about malik bell they can beat you by at least 6 diff ways and if they have to they can pass. no bell is not a true qb but he can throw when needed. maybe we should just let this rest till Friday and maybe we are supposed to lose but I can tell you we don't think so and will be there playing and not call it in.

Reactions: gwb16 and Lions1983
Lets be brutally honest here, Louisa goes by the way of Bell, at least for this year.. Take out or flip Bell from super human to human and you half way paralyze them. They are trully one denominational "but" on occasion can complete a pass, but are not going to sling it all over on you. No direspect to Louisa and not sore about losing last week, we were supposed too! Just getting to the point here. 32-21 Monocan.

Well they did beat a battlefield team by 40+ without Bell this year. But yeah just stop him. He did play one heck of second half against the Cougars on Friday. I agree if you completely stop the run the Lions won’t beat you. He can’t drop back more than ten times and have the Lions win. The key in a game like this is can he make you pay for loading the box a few times. If he goes 4-9 throwing the Lions probably win. And doubt Job Whalen at your own risk. Or David Sharpe. Or Raquan Jones. They can beat you with other people but you are right that Bell is the key to moving from good to great.

We aren't doubting Louisa or any of their playmakers. If Louisa wins it won't be bc Monacan doubted them and didn't prepare properly. It will be Louisa just flat out beat us. Trust and believe that they are getting our full attention. We have been on a collision course for weeks now. Time to collide.

We aren't doubting Louisa or any of their playmakers. If Louisa wins it won't be bc Monacan doubted them and didn't prepare properly. It will be Louisa just flat out beat us. Trust and believe that they are getting our full attention. We have been on a collision course for weeks now. Time to collide.

I never doubted that. After learning more and more about Monacan, I really feel as though these programs are very similar. Everything about Monacan and you are a class act. Excited to see these two teams in action. Some keys as we head to Friday: Can the Lions contain Fludd and the passing game? Can Monacan stop the four headed Louisa power run game? The other x factor is who minimizes mistakes as both teams have shown the ability to capitalize on turnovers and special teams miscues.

Reactions: mbonape1
This game will come down to one thing. If Monacan shuts down the Louisa power running game , it’s over. Louisa score one way , QB is a horrible passer , and lucky when he completes one. Monacan 49 Louisa 28. That’s my guess. And when I say guess, only going by what the preps experts say, Monacan being the real deal. Seen Louisa, hard to believe they will just win many more with a QB who is pretty hard to bring down. Soooo slowwwww......defense wins big games.. Monacan.

This game will come down to one thing. If Monacan shuts down the Louisa power running game , it’s over. Louisa score one way , QB is a horrible passer , and lucky when he completes one. Monacan 49 Louisa 28. That’s my guess. And when I say guess, only going by what the preps experts say, Monacan being the real deal. Seen Louisa, hard to believe they will just win many more with a QB who is pretty hard to bring down. Soooo slowwwww......defense wins big games.. Monacan.

I will be stunned if Louisa gives up 49 points. If they do it will be due to the offense turning the ball over. The QB is quite improved as a passer since he just ran over the Rivers kid on the way to a Louisa win. Now you are right if they totally shut the run game down Louisa will lose. He can't just drop back and throw the ball 20 times. But what he can do this year that he couldn't last year is deliver the football in the play-action game. Again defenses should and will stack the box to stop the Lions run game but with that can Bell make them pay when it counts. I'm going to throw out a prediction, if Louisa wins, I think Caleb Turner will be the surprise X-Factor.

Reactions: Lions1983
Everybody playing this Friday and Saturday are good teams. No matter what your record is. I think every team is being tested this week. One thing I know for sure it will be warmer Friday then it was last Friday. Good luck to everybody and may every player, coach & fan make it home safe.

Everybody playing this Friday and Saturday are good teams. No matter what your record is. I think every team is being tested this week. One thing I know for sure it will be warmer Friday then it was last Friday. Good luck to everybody and may every player, coach & fan make it home safe.

Exactly! There are no easy assignments in region B after week 1. 4 undefeated's with two of them damn near averaging a 50 point margin of victory.

I really think this might be the best Class 4 field in history statewide. Can you imagine if Lake Taylor wasn't down this year? My God!

Exactly! There are no easy assignments in region B after week 1. 4 undefeated's with two of them damn near averaging a 50 point margin of victory.

I really think this might be the best Class 4 field in history statewide. Can you imagine if Lake Taylor wasn't down this year? My God!
One mistake could end the season for ANY of those undefeated squads in Region B this week. I don't think I remember the last time there wasn't one clear cut undisputed "can't miss" team. Exciting year for sure....I can hardly wait to read the musings Saturday morning. This weekend could break the servers at VAPREPS...LOL

I was wondering what spear meant by slowwwww......I hope he wasn't talking about bell because I have seen him to many times make the corner and leave d backs grabbing at air. that would be a big mistake and as one guy said most d backs don't want to take him on head up.

I will not address the slow part as I have never seen the kid (Bell) live. Monacan's linebackers need to remain disciplined and not follow the movements of the line and other backs. Bell does a lot of damage on the backside by cutting against the flow/grain. If the weak side linebacker does his job and can tackle this will eliminate a lot of Bell's big gains.

Its Louisa's might (running game versus Monacans front 7 and Monacans passing game versus Louisa's secondary. Questions to be answered: Monacans front seven will fair well, but can they withstand the pounding the entire game? Will Louisa will blitz and force Fludd to throw quick strikes or tuck it and run?

The x factor for Monacan could be Bridey running the ball effectively enough to slow down Louisa's pass rush; therefore, giving Fludd time to utilize his exceptional receiving corps.

Reactions: mbonape1
I will not address the slow part as I have never seen the kid (Bell) live. Monacan's linebackers need to remain disciplined and not follow the movements of the line and other backs. Bell does a lot of damage on the backside by cutting against the flow/grain. If the weak side linebacker does his job and can tackle this will eliminate a lot of Bell's big gains.

Its Louisa's might (running game versus Monacans front 7 and Monacans passing game versus Louisa's secondary. Questions to be answered: Monacans front seven will fair well, but can they withstand the pounding the entire game? Will Louisa will blitz and force Fludd to throw quick strikes or tuck it and run?

The x factor for Monacan could be Bridey running the ball effectively enough to slow down Louisa's pass rush; therefore, giving Fludd time to utilize his exceptional receiving corps.
Monacan can beat Louisa in the passing game

but they didnt
They sure didn’t. Louisa better work that passing game in practice because that running game isn’t going to work against Dinwiddie. I’ve seen both play now and if you want to beat Dinwiddie you have to throw the ball. I’m not sure Louisa has the speed or the receivers to do that.

I said it in the repy don't take points off the board. it killed the momentum and ended up a interception just before the half.

How did they take points off the board. If it was defensive off sides on a field goal, then in high school it is a dead play and you can't decline the penalty like you can in college. So there were never points on the board to begin with.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT