ADVERTISEMENT

Luray Football Coach

gtownfencecrew

VaPreps All District
Nov 24, 2007
Just found out yesterday that Travis Osborne was relieved of his coaching duties at Luray. Took the Bulldogs to the playoffs the last few years. Even gave Essex somewhat of a scare 2 years ago. Rumors circulating that some parents weren't happy and began to voice their opinions.

Wow! Why were they not happy? I thought they were doing much better compared to what they used to do.
Not exactly sure of why the parents were unhappy/upset so I won't speculate at the moment. But that's 2 pretty good coaches (Sanders in the basketball program) that have both been run out of the coaching ranks at Luray recently.

Reactions: LHS Bulldogs
Just found out yesterday that Travis Osborne was relieved of his coaching duties at Luray. Took the Bulldogs to the playoffs the last few years. Even gave Essex somewhat of a scare 2 years ago. Rumors circulating that some parents weren't happy and began to voice their opinions.

Actually, Travis resigned. It's true that some parents weren't happy but show me a team where every parent is happy. That just doesn't happen. For every parent that wasn't happy with Travis, there is one now who is unhappy with this change.

Resigned, relieved, fired......call it what you will. Either way I've heard he was pressured out, just as Sanders was. I'm sure there are a lot of parents that are unhappy Travis is gone. Seems like a good guy and respected by a lot of people. Sometimes a coach can't do anything to appease the crowds, including winning.

Reactions: stubbie46
You are exactly right on both points. He was pushed out and there are a lot of people who are really upset about it. He is a great guy who was truly dedicated to the program and to the kids. It's a sad commentary on high school athletics.

Reactions: gtownfencecrew
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT