ADVERTISEMENT

Luray Vs. Brunswick

Oct 13, 2013
What's everyone's thought on this game? This luray team really showed up last week, and have played tough ball all year. But Brunswick has really got on the right track. I could see this game being the big upset of the first round.

Luray surprised everyone with their near upset at Riverheads Friday. I also seem to remember that they have given a great effort the last time or two that they have made the tournament field. They are big and they are tough on defense.

On offense, they have a running quarterback but also a solid running back in Jacob Moyers. (Think I have the name right from memory.) They also have a decent passing game. At Riverheads, they controlled field position for most of the game and also had a great third-down conversion ratio, if they even keep that stat in high school ball.

Riverheads had success stopping them on first down and setting up third and long, but time after time they got the big play they needed. RHS had to pull out all the stops to come back and win that one, and if the same Luray team shows up this week, Brunswick will get a battle.

I took Luray for the upset. They held is to 1 score until the final 3 minutes of the game and almost beat Riverheads. They are no pushover and play a very smash mouth type of football

Luray has played everyone tough this year and still yet to play their best ball yet. Riverheads was lucky to win that game last week. Luray could give lots of teams fits throughout the playoffs

Brunswick was runner-up last year and appears to be very good this year as well. They should beat Luray by 8. Anything closer and the Shenandoah district is better than I thought.

The comment I've been hearing about Luray this year is that their defense inside is tough and they are a hard hitting group. From what I've seen, I believe they control the line of scrimmage and the flow of the game for an upset.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT