ADVERTISEMENT

Mac McClung will never make the NBA....oh...wait a sec

Fairlawncat

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 24, 2018
I recall about 4-5 years ago on this board when some were adamant that McClung will never see an NBA roster, much less be that good in college. Well, he was good in college and low and behold, he dresses tomorrow night for the Chicago Bulls. Is it only a 10 day contract and a temporary stint? Likely, but he still made it. He will dress for the Chicago Bulls Dec 26 when they host the Pacers tomorrow night. I recall a few on here, 1 from Martinsville and 1 from Dan River (and I like and respect both guys and still do respect them) saying he will never play an NBA game.

He made it.

i read that he made $61,500 for these 10 days, not bad, also read there is a good possibility he will get cut tomorrow and sent back as chicagois expecting players back tomorrow, i hope not, give the kid the shot and see what he does

I recall about 4-5 years ago on this board when some were adamant that McClung will never see an NBA roster, much less be that good in college. Well, he was good in college and low and behold, he dresses tomorrow night for the Chicago Bulls. Is it only a 10 day contract and a temporary stint? Likely, but he still made it. He will dress for the Chicago Bulls Dec 26 when they host the Pacers tomorrow night. I recall a few on here, 1 from Martinsville and 1 from Dan River (and I like and respect both guys and still do respect them) saying he will never play an NBA game.

He made it.
I hope they sign him to a deal after the 10 day contract since I am a bulls fan, if so I will buy the double 00 jersey, he has 2 rookie cards on ebay, I got one coming that is autographed

I'm proud of him. Heck, I'm proud of any VA kid, especially where I'm from in SWVA, a kid at a small school/town who dreams of making it, then he gets to at least dress out and run on the court with an NBA team. I can't imagine the excitement going through that kids head. Mac has improved his jumper to where he's scoring about 20ppg in the G League. If he can nail down that jumper a touch more, he's got a shot at a contract. I admit that I thought he was about a 2 in 10 odds at best coming out of college, but with what he's doing in the G league, it's more like 50/50 at this point. He really does have a reasonable chance at this point.

I'm proud of him. Heck, I'm proud of any VA kid, especially where I'm from in SWVA, a kid at a small school/town who dreams of making it, then he gets to at least dress out and run on the court with an NBA team. I can't imagine the excitement going through that kids head. Mac has improved his jumper to where he's scoring about 20ppg in the G League. If he can nail down that jumper a touch more, he's got a shot at a contract. I admit that I thought he was about a 2 in 10 odds at best coming out of college, but with what he's doing in the G league, it's more like 50/50 at this point. He really does have a reasonable chance at this point.
Excellent post and I couldn't agree more. Here's a small town kid that made it big, and people are trying to down him constantly. He didn't leave his hometown school for a big name private school, he stayed and made great memories for himself and his teammates and his family. Maybe the people dogging him are local rivals from the area, I don't know much about SWVA or where these 'haters' are from. Either way McClung should be celebrated for the amazing career he's had to date, and personally I look forward to his future in basketball as well. Good luck young man!

So happy for Mac. Unbelievable to imagine or think what that kid was feeling.
Hope the bulls can sign him to a contract after the 10 days, I see they have his jersey available, if he signs for the rest of the year I will get 1, bulls 00

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT