ADVERTISEMENT

mac mcclung

played 14 minutes tonight for the lakers, this young man is deserving for everything he has earned
I remember some questioned, can this kid really play D1? He did. Then, can he start and be a very good player in D1? He did. Then, "there's no way he's playing in the NBA and he's Europe bound at best." Well, he's now played and scored in 2 different NBA games and might make the Lakers roster this winter and play in the NBA on a team as regular. I'm sure the next step will be.....? "Well, he will ride the bench and never start." It seem s that every step of the way, he just keeps defying odds of some doubters. No disrespect to those who doubted him either. That's fair, but after a while, when he just continues to improve and disprove some who doubt, it may be time to think of it like this......."What are the chances McClung doesn't make an NBA team and become a starter?

Here is where people got McClung wrong and never figured/factored into him as a hoopster. He's an incredible athlete and could have been a track star. McClung ran the fasted NBA 3/4th court sprint time at the combine which was the fastest time since 2001. McClung is pretty quick, but he's lightening fast in straight line speed, and when he seems to kind of always get to the bucket, there's a reason for it. He also posted the 6th highest verticle leap in combine history. His ability to accelerate off the dribble is vastly underrated.

Last edited:
He was also Rookie of the Year in the G League and averaged 21 points a game and also had several triple doubles this season. This kid has continued to defy the odds and I look forward to watching him continue to do so

Reactions: pizzzzza
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT