ADVERTISEMENT

Madison Co 74 Rapp Co 53…

MCAthletics

VaPreps Rookie
Dec 3, 2019
Blue Ridge Mountains
MC improves to 6-0 in the BRD. I was worried about this being a trap game; they haven't played in a week, Rapp’s gym is not a friendly place for visiting teams; and RC has a lot of size. Plus, RC is pretty good. They should do well in the 1A postseason.

Madison was led by Billy Acton’s 16 points. Seth McLearen (12 points), Bryce Breeden (12 points) and Isaiah Humphrey (15 points) had really good shooting nights. Isaiah sank 5 of MC’s 12 three pointers.

Max Lohr and Lahman Carpenter combined for 14 while holding RCs 6’9 Prince to 9 points.

Last edited:
I think Madison's tough non-district schedule really helped them. The Bull Run has plenty of decent teams, but no one has played the schedule Madison has. I wouldn't be surprised if they go undefeated in the BR and win both the district and region tournament. The teams in 2B that aren't the Bull Run are all interesting. Buckingham is better than last year, Fort is now running that scheme that gives them a chance in a lot of games, and Draft has had a good season. Still, I think Madison is the favorite. You are right that Rapp is pretty good this year, their size is legit.

Reactions: MCAthletics
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT