ADVERTISEMENT

Maggie Walker

maroons1

VaPreps Varsity
Sep 28, 2004
I know Maggie Walker has AA numbers, but they serve as the Governor School for a population area that is much larger than any AA school in the state. I feel this gives Maggie Walker an unfair advantage against AA competition. I know this is not the case in basketball, but it is the case in track, cross country, soccer, tennis, and maybe some other sports. Maggie Walkerr, since it is a Governor School, should have its student population multiplied by 2, since it draws from such a large populated area. I know Maggie Walker wants to play up, so I doubt they would be against this rule, as well as just about everyone in AA.

They have AA numbers then they should be in AA. It's not like they are "rubber stamping" applications to their school so they can compete in athletics. Do you know how hard it is to get into the governor's school and to stay in?

How about all the magnet schools around the state that can draw from non-neighborhood schools?

They draw from an area that has more people than all of SWVA, which is an unfair advantage. There are always going to be AA sized because they control the number of their freshman class at 180.

Walker doesn't exactly set the world on fire in anything other than CC, Track and Academic Team....Girls BB team got beat 75-7 in a regional game last year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT