ADVERTISEMENT

Maghenbauer moves to 150-21 through 13 years

9 of 13 years have been 1 loss or less. 08,10, 11 and 13 represented 14 of 20 losses but not exactly bad teams those years either.

i believe you are right Michael.
We'll hope for 150 at Amherst next year! Tall task at Amherst, they had 28 Sr's but they also had 26 Jr's as well. I love football season so much, but it flies by too quickly. I'm already looking forward to next season! We lose a lot of key players, but return a lot of hungry Spartans as well. Do you know if anyone plays basketball from the football team? I like watching the guys play Lacrosse and baseball. I hope to make some girls soccer this year as well because they have a lot of key returning players from the state runner-up squad. I had the pleasure of meeting Edwina Magenbauer a few days ago and they just don't get any nicer! We are blessed to have so many positive influences in our community.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
We'll hope for 150 at Amherst next year! Tall task at Amherst, they had 28 Sr's but they also had 26 Jr's as well. I love football season so much, but it flies by too quickly. I'm already looking forward to next season! We lose a lot of key players, but return a lot of hungry Spartans as well. Do you know if anyone plays basketball from the football team? I like watching the guys play Lacrosse and baseball. I hope to make some girls soccer this year as well because they have a lot of key returning players from the state runner-up squad. I had the pleasure of meeting Edwina Magenbauer a few days ago and they just don't get any nicer! We are blessed to have so many positive influences in our community.
Mike it will still be 149 at Amherst, lol

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
You are right Mike. It will be tough with Amherst and Dinwiddie, especially early, and with a new QB .

Haha, it will be a tough matchup. I assume that will be Gladden's 1st start at QB. Tough place for a debut at Amherst!
I would not count on Gladden being the starter. The QB on the JV will give him a run for his money. This position will be the biggest challenge. Does us no good to have the receivers we have if we can't get them the ball. Also QB needs to have some mobility. This is extremely important in the playoffs when you are playing better competition.

I would not count on Gladden being the starter. The QB on the JV will give him a run for his money. This position will be the biggest challenge. Does us no good to have the receivers we have if we can't get them the ball. Also QB needs to have some mobility. This is extremely important in the playoffs when you are playing better competition.
I think Gladden actually was the starting JV QB. There were two freshman as well. Rising Senior Wade was the #2 on varsity. Wade was a stud on defense as a DB and should have at least been all 4A West, along with #74 the center. I guess 4A West can't be all Salem.

Last edited:
I think Gladden actually was the starting JV QB. There were two freshman as well. Rising Senior Wade was the #2 on varsity. Wade was a stud on defense as a DB and should have at least been all 4A West, along with #74 the center. I guess 4A West can't be all Salem.
Why not?

The Precedent has been in the past to start the Jr QB to get 2 years experience more recently. Also, Wade is an awesome FS, agree there. But the Salem QB doesn’t generally play both ways. That's why I believe Wade will remain at FS/WR. He is a good 2 way player as he proved to be a valuable WR as well!

Gladden is just the QB as he was for JV this year. He was actually the backup in a lot of the regular season and playoffs if necessary in blowouts. He actually took pre-game warm-ups with Varsity as the backup since Wade was a WR.

That's not to say Wade wouldn't have played QB in a must win game if something had happened to Beckley though.

I believe Gladden will be the QB this year though.Wade does have speed at QB, his roll-outs 2 years ago as a backup were reminiscent of Beckley's. Gladden may be a better option as a pure passing QB though.

Newby will be a good addition as a Jr at WR.

Last edited:
Reactions: salemfan32
I agree with you on Gladden based upon what I have seen.
Also, Mike some of the players that were starting or played a lot during regular season that are returning
Joseph Quinn
Nick Wade
Viante Tucker
Logan Dennis
Josh Mutshipule
Evan Mcmillian
Luke Owen
Van Richardson
Avante Robinson
Nate Craft
Aiden Britton
Karak Paisley
Tae Hale
Dajon Cardwell
Thomas Mundy
These players along with an undefeated JV team will be a sound base . Obviously we were a much different team at end of year than at the beginning.

Last edited:
I agree with you on Gladden based upon what I have seen.
Also, Mike some of the players that were starting or played a lot during regular season that are returning
Joseph Quinn
Nick Wade
Viante Tucker
Logan Dennis
Josh Mutshipule
Evan Mcmillian
Luke Owen
Van Richardson
Avante Robinson
Nate Craft
Aiden Britton
Karak Paisley
Tae Hale
Dajon Cardwell
Thomas Mundy
These players along with an undefeated JV team will be a sound base . Obviously we were a much different team at end of year than at the beginning.
I've already looked ahead too. A lot returning

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT