ADVERTISEMENT

Martinsville 14 GW 0 F

We stopped playing GW after the 1987 season and didn't play again until 2013. We actually beat them in 86 and 87 also before we took the long break between games. According to fourseasons football site.

We stopped playing GW after the 1987 season and didn't play again until 2013. We actually beat them in 86 and 87 also before we took the long break between games. According to fourseasons football site.
I was just relaying what I heard on the radio.

Reactions: AntGZee
Wow, easily the most competitive of the past nine games between these teams, GW has been blowing Martinsville out of the water by 5-6+ TDs on average prior to tonight. Martinsville is also sneakily 5-0, would be interested in thoughts about them running the table in the regular season. Chatham, Tunstall, and PC should be near-gimmes, MV and Bassett would be the question marks. 9-1 or better?

Best Martinsville team in 20 years. They've been hurting for a long time as a once proud program. New head whistle really seems to have turned things around in a short time. 0-fer his first season and they look to do some real damage in the POs.

Martinsville will beat Magna Vista this year too. Bassett will be an uphill battle but I like the Dawgs chances competing with Appomattox and Radford. This program may be no more in a few years so it’s cool to see them go out on top.

No wins are a gimme if you ask Coach Martin. He has a really good group of kids who are really bought in to what he's preaching. MV is always a tough game because of the rivalry and Bassett will be really tough to beat. Chatham, PC, and Tunstall we will be favorites against but it's high school football, anything can happen. GW moved the ball pretty good against the Dogs but just couldn't punch it in when they got close. The Dogs made just enough plays to win tonight. Not bad for a school in limbo, playing in a district with much larger schools. 530 kids in the school and getting smaller every year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT