ADVERTISEMENT

Martinsville @ Graham

Mavahi too much speed for Graham?? Everything I've read, seen, or heard says Graham is loaded with speed and quickness. Martinsville has some speed but they don't have enough for the G-Men. Hope the Dogs can keep it close and have a chance in the 4th quarter

Graham has the pure speed to competr with any 2A team, period. They could lose, Martinsville is supposedly a good team with some good athletes (not seen them), but I seriously question anyone who thinks they will run Graham outta the stadium esp in their place. If you haven't seen the athletes Graham has this year, you're a fool to suggest any team is too fast for them.

Martinsville has to much speed for graham. Martinsville wins 35 - 21

Just because I pull for SWVA teams, I certainly hope that is what Martinsville is thinking coming into this game. They might be in for a big surprise in Bluefield.

I just hope this one isn't over by halftime.

Don't know who posted that 35-21 score for Martinsville, but he wasn't a Dogs fan. Mavahi is just hoping to get out of Bluefield alive and healthy enough to start bball in a couple of weeks. Sounds like Friday night the Dogs are "going to be bear hunting with a switch" as my grandpa used to say

Don't know who posted that 35-21 score for Martinsville, but he wasn't a Dogs fan. Mavahi is just hoping to get out of Bluefield alive and healthy enough to start bball in a couple of weeks. Sounds like Friday night the Dogs are "going to be bear hunting with a switch" as my grandpa used to say

Graham isn't unbeatable, hell its not a given they win. But they are legit, and speed is not the way you're gonna beat them.

Reactions: AntGZee
Any given Friday... Martinsville can play so whoever wins will earn it. Good luck to every team that's still alive.

I'm a realist. The Martinsville football program has been down for a long time. Them winning a playoff game is a plus. I won't be surprised if Graham gets a serious scare from Martinsville in this game. I'm simply keeping it real with my Bulldawgs.

Reactions: hrsepasture1
All due respect to my man Ant because I understand his meaning, but I'm sure the football team and the football coaches at Martinsville have every intention to do everything in their power to win the football game Friday. It's silly to think otherwise.

I would love to see my Dawgs get back to winning in football. When I was in school, back in the very late 80's, Martinsville was tough in both sports. Trust me, I want them to beat Graham. I'm pulling hard for them. We all know at the end of the day, where the Martinsville Bulldawgs' strength is.

This will be the best team Graham has faced all year, size/strength/speed, it'll be interesting to see how the Gmen stop the run between the tackles. This has been kind of a weak spot all year, giving up 3-4 yards a play then having 4th and 1 or 2, then having teams convert on 4th down. I've watched some very sub par teams drive the ball on them, one thing Martinsville won't have success with is getting outside - Graham is way too fast in the secondary. Graham also highly depends on being able to run sweeps and get outside the defense, they've been able to do that all year, so it'll be very interesting to see if they're forced to run between the tackles. The bulldogs could take this game unless Graham is able to run it between the tackles... gonna be a good one I'm thinkin

This will be the best team Graham has faced all year, size/strength/speed, it'll be interesting to see how the Gmen stop the run between the tackles. This has been kind of a weak spot all year, giving up 3-4 yards a play then having 4th and 1 or 2, then having teams convert on 4th down. I've watched some very sub par teams drive the ball on them, one thing Martinsville won't have success with is getting outside - Graham is way too fast in the secondary. Graham also highly depends on being able to run sweeps and get outside the defense, they've been able to do that all year, so it'll be very interesting to see if they're forced to run between the tackles. The bulldogs could take this game unless Graham is able to run it between the tackles... gonna be a good one I'm thinkin

The above is FALSE. It WILL NOT be the best team Graham has faced all year. Giles and Richlands are better. Abingdon and Galax are right there with Martinsville and as a matter of fact, if Martinsville came to Abingdon or Galax, I would pick Abingdon and Galax. Martinsville is the 5th best team Graham has played this year and Bluefield High, even though down this year, is probably right there with Martinsville. Could Graham lose? Sure they could. They may lose by 3 touchdowns, but Martinsville is NOT the best team Graham has faced. That's nonsense. Graham has improved, improved, and improved some more in their run and pass defense to the point that they are actually....solid on defense with speed everywhere. Remember what I told ya, Martinsville is in a mess when they travel to Bluefield.

Luc - I love how you can name the best, 2nd best, 3rd best, 4th best and 5th best team that someone has played all like it's a matter of fact. And your example of MHS still not being better than those other teams that lost to Graham even if they were to beat the GMen by 3 scores (which I don't believe will happen) is utterly ridiculous.

Mayberryite, do we know each other? I was thinking the same thing about 2nd - 5th best being better than Martinsville. Noone knows who's better then who; until a game is played and completed. If Martinsville's coach coaches a good game then Graham will have their hands full. My Dawgs are battle tested.

I was thinking the same thing, but I'll respect his "opinion", unlike he did mine lol. Martinsville has played some top notch teams, some of them not being 2A. I've seen every opponent Graham has played against, I've only seen video of martinsville, I stand by my opinion that this is the toughest team we have faced. We play quite a few 1A schools, we have speed and athleticism don't get me wrong... but if we get bottled up we seem to have problems. That's why we play the game tho, a couple hours and we'll see :)

Looks like it's gonna be a shootout in Bluefield! Graham can't hold on to the ball and Martinsville is looking really good and capitalizing on Gmens mistakes.

Graham intercepts pass on the goal line with under a minute left to play to end the game. Graham wins 40-33

And I'll reaffirm my statement that this was the best team we've faced. Anybody that believes otherwise hasn't seen martinsville play.

I figured this game would be a dogfight. Congrats to Graham...played a bad first half but credit goes to MHS for alot of that.

I said Martinsville could play and whoever won would earn it. Seem like this was a whale of a game.

And I'll reaffirm my statement that this was the best team we've faced. Anybody that believes otherwise hasn't seen martinsville play.
Don't know how the brackets match up but Appomattox is the real deal. If somebody beats them, I'll be shocked after seeing them play tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT