ADVERTISEMENT

Gate City @ Graham

19GHS87

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 10, 2016
Thoughts?
Graham seems to be peaking at the right time, but the competition level has been questionable. Interested to see how the O-Line does going forward. Graham has the athletes to match anybody. They have good size and strength on the line, but are young and lack technique. Graham's playoffs will go as the O-Line goes from this point forward, in my opinion.
I'll say Graham gets by Gate City, but it may be a little closer then most think. Clements appears to finally be healthy and if not 100 percent, pretty close to it He has the break-away speed back and has been slicing through defenses lately. He has still been used sparingly, because of Graham jumping out to big leads. 140 yards and 4TD's on 6 carries last week and similar results the week before.

If Graham isn't looking ahead at revenge next week, they will coast. If they're looking ahead, it'll take them an extra quarter to put this one away.

Reactions: 19GHS87
If Graham isn't looking ahead at revenge next week, they will coast. If they're looking ahead, it'll take them an extra quarter to put this one away.
I guarantee Graham is not looking ahead. Tony Palmer and his staff are very good at keeping players focused on one game at a time, one opponent at a time.

Final
Graham 28
Gate City 7

Gate City fought hard and played a physical game. Good showing for them. They are headed on the right direction

Rain didn't help us. Rain favored GC. We win it by more than that on a dry field. GC has some tough kids though. Young football team from what they say

Reactions: Gridiron1960
Why would the rain favor GC? They pass as much as Graham does.
They ran it a lot last night. That QB is a slippery one! They played better in the pouring rain; they won the first half offensively as far as moving the ball but Graham’s offense came out & dominated the second. Graham’s defense played well throughout. GC was a good opponent. They’re young, they should be a force next year!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT