ADVERTISEMENT

May scores

No idea there.
Graham 1-0 Marion: I look for Graham to take Region D and get a home state game. Tonight against VA High may decide that.
Martinsville 0-3 Bassett: Don't let that be any real indicator though. Bassett is having a pretty solid year.

I saw a ton of post about games being moved to tonight...good luck getting that in.

There's been a change to the score on the Shenandoah District Website. The new score is:

R.E. Lee 1 Stuart's Draft 0

Not sure what happened. Does anyone know?
Turns out the 3-1 result was for the JV.

1-0 was the correct varsity score. Lee's correct regular season Goals For/Against was 120-1

Last edited:
Graham 1-3 VA High: These two will play a third time to determine 1st place.
Dogwood District canceled remainder of District tourney. I'm betting that isn't the only one that had to.

It is that time. Let's start a new thread for post season. I know a few schools play today as well, so it can wait until Thursdays games. Region C wise...I guess 1st round game will be Glenvar v. Floyd. The others should be blowouts

It is that time. Let's start a new thread for post season. I know a few schools play today as well, so it can wait until Thursdays games. Region C wise...I guess 1st round game will be Glenvar v. Floyd. The others should be blowouts

JR supposed to travel to Carroll tonight, hope it's a washout. Field is set, nothing to be gained from district play at this point and I81 sucks to travel on.

Appomattox and Chatham split in the regular season. Still believe that Appo is the better team by multiple goals....however some of these teams are going to be suiting up for the first team in over 10 days....so who knows what may happen. Giles should be in good shape, the other side of the bracket has the potential for some interesting matchups.

Appomattox and Chatham split in the regular season. Still believe that Appo is the better team by multiple goals....however some of these teams are going to be suiting up for the first team in over 10 days....so who knows what may happen. Giles should be in good shape, the other side of the bracket has the potential for some interesting matchups.

Appo should win comfortably first round. I agree that that side of the bracket will be much more interesting in Martinsville. I think a Radford/DR game would be fun though.

On the Giles side DR and Radford should be a game the others not so much. After that Giles will take whoever shows up. JR, Nelson or Martinsille will be their opponent in the finals. I don't think anyone else has a chance against Giles, imo

Radford is known to play weak through regular season then break loose in postseason. Now that was 1A, but still nothing is a lock. I also think any of those other three would be a great game for the final. Giles hasn't played exceptionally well on turf in the past.

Bull Run District Tournament:

Strasburg 5 Madison Country 4
Madison was 4-1 up with 26 minutes to go when Strasburg scored 4 straights goals. The game winner came with 45 seconds left.

Central (Woodstock) 7 Rappahannock County 0

Tomorrow night:

Strasburg at George Mason
Central at Clarke County

Reactions: CallMeCoach19
Graham 4-1 VA High
John Battle 4-1 Ridgeview
Gate City 4-0 Lee (Region D)

I think region D should have a bracket finished soon. No idea if it will actually get posted, but A and B have yet to post either.

Bull Run District Semi-finals

George Mason 12 Strasburg 0
Central Woodstock 2 Clarke County 1

Mason plays Central on Thursday for the tournament championship.

It looks like all the Shenandoah District games were cancelled.

Glenvar 3-1 Floyd. Odd these two would scrounge to make up a regular season game just to play each other again Thursday.
Graham 5-1 Marion: Graham could end up number one in region D with a win tomorrow.
Grayson 8-0 Fort Chiswel: I only post to give reference for FC v Radford on Thursday.
John Battle 2-0 Union

Shenandoah District Tournament

Lee 14 Page County 0
Wilson Memorial 2 Riverheads 0
Stonewall Jackson 4 Luray 1
Stuart's Draft 2 East Rockingham 1

Shenandoah District Tournament

Lee 7 Stuart's Draft 0
Stonewall Jackson 4 Wilson Memorial 3 in OT

Jackson, a 1A team, did well, making it to the final tomorrow against Lee.

Shenandoah District Tournament Final

Lee 8 Stonewall Jackson 0

Lee scores 29 goals and concedes 0 in their three district tournament games.

Tennessee State 2A Final
Greeneville 3 Loudon 0

George Mason beat Greeneville 4-2 at the Smoky Mountain Cup in March. (Mason also tied the Alabama 6A State Semi-finalist Mountain Brook 3-3.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT