ADVERTISEMENT

MHS at Magna Vista

Had the Martinsville Bulldawgs not been careless with the ball, possible they could've beat MV by 50. Strong game overall against a pretty good and athletic team. Big game coming up against Northside in a week.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Didn't get to see the game tonite as I was tending to a family matter. Was Mavahi's defense that good or did MV play that poorly on offense? I saw it was 52-22 at the end of the 3rd, so I was wondering why it was so lopsided considering how I'd heard from Ridgeway folks that this was going to be the first big upset in the piedmont this year. Just wondering...

Had the Martinsville Bulldawgs not been careless with the ball, possible they could've beat MV by 50. Strong game overall against a pretty good and athletic team. Big game coming up against Northside in a week.

You sound disappointed that they didn't win by 50. You are pathetic.

Thank u for the compliment Sir. I'm glad that you can read my mind. Setting the record str8, I don't believe in humiliation of an opponent. I'm saying it could have been worse. Now if u want to further call me names then fine, you do that. You sir can go eat a $@#& !!!!!!

LOL! A little sensitive, are we???

First off, I did not call you a name. Names are nouns, I used an adjective to describe you.

And yes, it does sound as if you are upset that Mavahi didn't win by 50. A win is a win, the difference is in the class you show, or don't, in this case, when you do win.

Reactions: RichlandsRyan
Upset no. A win is a win. You sir, enjoy your day.

I'm partial towards Martinsville. They played tough team D the whole nite.

I don't have any certain team, I just like to talk about sports without all the fluff. Been around long enough to know who is good and who isn't. I do know that this Mavahi team couldn't hold the jocks of the Mavahi teams from the 80s. That's back when basketball was a team sport, don't think any of you kiddies know anything about that.

I outdate both of you, the mid 80's teams of Hunt, Beamer, Cooke, Moore and etc. were some of the best teams, if not the best in Mavahi history but the early 70's teams that had to play up in AAA were also very talented. Led by Silver Williams, Mark Cartwright, Anthony Hairston and more. Ant, ask some of the old timers how good these teams were, Cartwright went on to play at South Carolina then transferred to Va Tech., and Coach Hall will still tell you that Silver was the most talented player he coached at Martinsville.

I hv heard about the teams from the 70s. I wish I could hv seen them. I do remember teams from the very early 80s. Jeff Adkins, Byrd Ramey, James Hairston, Clint DeShazio, Tony Dallas. Iceman Vincent Ingram, Tony Beamer and many others.

I'm not surprised by this score and I agree with AntGZee, the Bulldogs should've won by 50+. Magna Vista is down this year and I knew they were down when they BARELY beat, IMO THE WORST TEAM IN THE PIEDMONT, Tunstall the other week by 6. Bulldogs are elite this year and though I'm only 22 years old, I know for a fact that they're not as good as past teams. Just shows how good their program is and this is coming from someone who dislikes the Bulldogs LOL...I always will respect them though. Hell of a program.

Reactions: AntGZee
Good post DanvilleSportsHead. I'll be the first to say, respect the game and your opponent. High-Fidelity called me pathetic for an opinion that I expressed. Anyway, it is what it is. I just expect my Dawgs to make another run, in attempts at #15.

I'm not surprised by this score and I agree with AntGZee, the Bulldogs should've won by 50+. Magna Vista is down this year and I knew they were down when they BARELY beat, IMO THE WORST TEAM IN THE PIEDMONT, Tunstall the other week by 6. Bulldogs are elite this year and though I'm only 22 years old, I know for a fact that they're not as good as past teams. Just shows how good their program is and this is coming from someone who dislikes the Bulldogs LOL...I always will respect them though. Hell of a program.
DanvilleSportsHead, correction MV beat Tunstall by 9 at Tunstall a couple of weeks ago but just beat them by 30 this past Friday at Magna Vista.

Really good crowd came out to this rivalry game. Bulldogs marched out to a 15-0 lead and really poured it on in the 3rd quarter to win 67-38. Holland led the way with 30.

Great crowd for all 6 games on Saturday. After 6 games the Lancers/Warriors finished with a 4-2 overall record for the day by winning both middle school games, JV girls and Varsity girls won BIG with a 75-39 win. And Deshazo finished with 28 points.

GO WARRIRORS!!!

Deshazo is a beast. She will go down as one of the best to come out of the area.

I personally think Patrick County is far worse than Tunstall.
Yes they are, but I give PC a pass. Who actually expects them to be good lol??? Me being a recent Tunstall alum, I know firsthand the basketball program should be better at Tunstall. Biggest school Pittsylvania Co and they have some talent but there's just too many politics that factor who plays for their team. They should be a top 4 team in the Piedmont at least.

Last edited:
U will have to explain a lil more about Tunstall.

U will have to explain a lil more about Tunstall.
Gladly. The talent's there but just the mentality and the leadership of the basketball program is atrocious. I played for Tunstall in 2010 before I went on to play for Coach Adkins at Carlisle. They're petrified of Martinsville, Dan River and MV. A lot of my teammates at Tunstall looked at these athletes as if we were playing UNC or Duke. We didn't want to play these schools. The current HC was our JV coach and there was no enthusiasm to go out and compete. A lot of our best players didn't even come out. I got a good amount of playing time so no way am I trying to throw anyone under the bus. We lost to Paris Jamison's team by 55 and Gevelle Kidd's team slaughtered us by even more. We had players on our varsity team back in 09 that wanted Shaq Patterson's autograph. We were the last team Patrick Co beat before they went on that long losing streak. Definitely not the the way you want your program to go. You know it's bad when you make your schedule year in and year out and know you'll only beat Patrick Co and maybe Chatham or Gretna. Tunstall's team this year is pretty good compared to what I seen them have this summer. Will McCraw and TeAun Carter are darn good players and they have size. Two of their best players transferred to Hargrave because of the problems above stated.

Last edited:
Tunstall's last good year was in 05. Beat Martinsville a couple times in 04 & 05. Had Chad Hardaway, Mario Huffman, LaRoger Parrish, etc. They used to give Duron Mitchell, Shaquan Beamer, Jarvis Wimbush, and Snook Hairston fits lol...

The AD of Tunstall not see the problem with the program? When I was in school, Tunstall was very competitive.

The AD of Tunstall not see the problem with the program? When I was in school, Tunstall was very competitive.
Tunstall is on the come up in football thanks to Coach Potts. He's defensive minded and his defense led Tunstall to the states in 2012. Tunstall's baseball program is a state powerhouse. I doubt it gets any better for their basketball program though. I'm very close to the program and I can tell you, they have 2 point guards on JV who are going to light the Piedmont up these next few years if there is a change in leadership. I don't think THS even has an AD. I could be wrong, but my senior year in 2012, the assistant principal was our "AD". Things could be different now.

We do agree there. The MHS team from 86 was one of the best that I have ever seen to date. They played Oak Hill and Flint Hill back then.
I drove home from college (E&H) and took a friend to see the Flint Hill game at Bassett. That Bulldog squad was the best MHS squad in my opinion. I was partial to the 81-83 Dogs since I had some friends that played on those teams.

However, the 86 squad was loaded. Mark Cook, Kevin Beamer, James Hunt, Shawn Moore and was it Clark as the other starter??? For a public high school, that was an incredible team. Had fun watching them play...got to see them 3 or 4 times.

Yes, Stacey Clark was our 6'4" pg. That '86 team finished, ranked 8th in the country.

Reactions: EHC87
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT