ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Salem

Anything new in Salem or surrounding areas? Any transfers in or out?
As far as Salem goes, I don't have any inside information at this point, but 2 a days aren't too far off. Maybe I'll have something for you then. They had several 7 on 7's at Salem Stadium last month. They have (3) 7 on 7's slated for this month. (1st one was yesterday) They are @PH Tues 10AM. (2 left- 21st & 28th) I didn't go yesterday, may try next week? From what I saw in 7v7, I didn't see anyone new, but that doesn't mean much at this point.

As far as Salem goes, I don't have any inside information at this point, but 2 a days aren't too far off. Maybe I'll have something for you then. They had several 7 on 7's at Salem Stadium last month. They have (3) 7 on 7's slated for this month. (1st one was yesterday) They are @PH Tues 10AM. (2 left- 21st & 28th) I didn't go yesterday, may try next week? From what I saw in 7v7, I didn't see anyone new, but that doesn't mean much at this point.
Looking forward to your next report. Should be soon I hope. Scrimmage in just over 4 weeks.

Looking forward to your next report. Should be soon I hope. Scrimmage in just over 4 weeks.
Just a few nuggets:

This team has a lot of potential! A lot of guys can play several positions, and do it well. Kids have definitely gotten bigger, faster, and stronger. I always say being a football coach is like putting together a jigsaw puzzle, it's all about putting the right piece in the right place. Salem has a wonderful coaching staff, and they know how to put it all together. And I'll add, all the pieces of the puzzle are there for a very good season.

The way they were lining up 1st were:

77 LT Khaleif Johnson
50 LG Landon Miles
57 C Caleb Wright
69 RG Carter McBride
79 RT Andrew Lutes
10 QB DaRon Wilson
21 FB Jayveon Jones
3 RB Chris Martin
4 WR Jonathan Vernon
6 WR Josiah Moyer
7 TE Jaelyn Allen

A lot of guys moving in and out, trying different spots so we'll see how things evolve.

Several guys will play both ways, so it's hard to know how they'll really line up on D.

On Wed they had 55 Jackson Bryie @ C, & 57 Caleb Wright @ RG.

Last edited:
Tradition doesn’t graduate. Are they going run off tackle and throw play action deep?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT