ADVERTISEMENT

Millbrook

Oct 9, 2015
Are they for real or will it be another early exit from the playoffs? The toughest game they have had up to this point has been Woodgrove and that did not go well for them.

Millbrook is by no means a bad football team. Regardless of the difficulty of their schedule, "okay" teams don't average nearly 44 points per game. If anyone underestimates them in the playoffs, they would very likely end up looking silly like LCA did last year when they got blown out of the bracket 65-18.

I think their schedule will hurt them this year though. The one good team they've played leveled them, and they're very one dimensional. Don't get me wrong, losing to Woodgrove is nothing to be ashamed about, but there are several other teams out there which are comparable to them, so unless Millbrook has improved drastically since that game I can't see them getting past any of the upper seeds. They shouldn't have any problems winning their first home game, but they would have benefitted by playing an Eastern View or a Louisa-level team in addition to Woodgrove.

I think a big teller for them will be the Sherando game two weeks from now. Sherando doesn't have a particularly good run defense, and their offense hasn't been spectacular this year, so if they aren't able to put up big numbers against Sherando I can't see them staying within a couple touchdowns against the likes of Woodgrove, Salem, Amherst, and Byrd.

Reactions: Pioneer101
I don't think we have enough in the trenches to make a run this year, especially on defense. I like our skill positions but you better have some push at the LOS come playoff time.

I think I saw Millbrook on their worst day. P.K. was injured early on. But Skyline, not exactly a potent offense, put up 21 points in the first half, including a run straight up the middle that went to the house. I think their first playoff game will be a high scoring affair.

I think I saw Millbrook on their worst day. P.K. was injured early on. But Skyline, not exactly a potent offense, put up 21 points in the first half, including a run straight up the middle that went to the house. I think their first playoff game will be a high scoring affair.
I was told on another board that Skyline scored all the points on the Millbrook JV. Thanks for the info Schoolboard. Stop by the grill on your way in , I will give you a burger.

First half, against the starters. Hell, Skyline scored on the opening drive and took the lead. Unless they started the game with their JV. Don't get me wrong, we could not stop them at all. Savon put on a show.

I was told on another board that Skyline scored all the points on the Millbrook JV. Thanks for the info Schoolboard. Stop by the grill on your way in , I will give you a burger.
I just found out it is going to be on the radio. maybe I will just stay in my car.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT