ADVERTISEMENT

Wilson Edges Fort to Create Three Way Tie

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
I just read that Wilson knocked off Fort Defiance tonight 97-91 to create a three-way tie for second place in the Shenandoah District. The two of them along with Stuarts Draft each finished 8-4 in district play, four games behind Staunton's 12-0 district mark.

Since there is no district tournament, it will not be necessary to rank them, which would be hard anyway, since they split all three series they had with one another. So it will presumably be on to the regionals for all three based on the point system.

It has already been announced that Wilson will be the eighth seed in Region 3-C and will travel to number one seed Spotswood and that Staunton is the four seed and will host number five Heritage.

Fort and Draft are each Class 2, and as we all know, the information has been very slow coming out about those playoffs. I would think each one would make it, but if it is a particularly loaded region, then maybe not. I guess we will HAVE to find something out eventually!

It has also been announced that Buffalo Gap travels to Altavista next Tuesday in Region 1-B. However the place where I saw that did not indicate if it is a 4/5 or 3/6 or whatever match-up.

Fort and Draft are both definitely in for Region 2B. I think it'll look something like this:

#1 Madison
#2 Clarke
#3 Stuarts Draft
#4 Buckingham
#5 Luray
#6 Strasburg
#7 Fort Defiance
#8 Central

Seedings probably aren't right but I feel pretty sure these are the 8 teams that are in.

After I responded to you, I looked at the Staunton Leader website. They now have the complete schedule for all area teams that will be in playoffs EXCEPT for Region 2 B. So for some reason, that region is a little slow on the uptake. Some playoffs start as early as Friday night.

Another detail about the Wilson game......one player.....Chase Snyder... scored 48 points in that game......Paper said it was a career high...........Gee! You think???

Reactions: blackknight_pride
After I responded to you, I looked at the Staunton Leader website. They now have the complete schedule for all area teams that will be in playoffs EXCEPT for Region 2 B. So for some reason, that region is a little slow on the uptake. Some playoffs start as early as Friday night.

Another detail about the Wilson game......one player.....Chase Snyder... scored 48 points in that game......Paper said it was a career high...........Gee! You think???
Career high...man I'd love to see what the school record is. Gotta be close, right?!

2B is held up because the Bull Run has a district tournament that factors into seeding. District champ game is Friday night so everything will be official after that. Have heard Madison, Strasburg and Central are locked in seeding. Clarke more than likely gets 3 with tournament runner up. Draft, Luray, Fort could be any order.
My guess
1. Madison
2. Buckingham
3. Clarke Co
4. Draft
5. Fort
6. Luray
7. Strasburg
8. Central

Reactions: blackknight_pride
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts