ADVERTISEMENT

All 5 Shenandoah District Boys Teams Now Eliminated

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
Although they were competing in three different classifications, all five of the Shenandoah District teams that had advanced to regional play have now been eliminated.

Wilson was the first to go, as they were badly whipped Friday night in a Region 3-C quarterfinal by Spotswood. That same Spotswood then knocked off Staunton tonight in the regional semi-final. The Storm had the early advantage in that one and it was still close at half with Spotswood's star player Pacheco in foul trouble. But the Blazers gutted out the win by about a dozen points.

In the two games involving Class 2 teams, Stuarts Draft lost on the road to Clarke County and Fort Defiance lost at home to Luray. In both those contests, they trailed most of the way but made late rallies to cut their deficits down to just 2 for the Draft and 4 for the Fort, but they were not able to keep the momentum going as each lost by around 10-15.

Buffalo Gap, the only Class 1 team that made the playoff field was pummeled 81-57 at Altavista. From that score I would assume they were never in the game at any point.

I did not follow the girls action as closely but I believe I also read that Fort Defiance and Stuarts Draft lost. However, Buffalo Gap rolled to a huge win at home Monday night over Surry County. I believe I read that they scored the first 36 points in the game. They will now host defending state champion Rappahannock County Wednesday night in the Region 1-B semi-finals. Those two have quite a history against one another and a very good team's season will end tomorrow night.

Reactions: pizzzzza
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT