ADVERTISEMENT

Miller School - D'Andre Corbin

wgarlick

Writer Virginiapreps.Rivals.Com
Staff
Jul 4, 2006
D Andre Corbin played four years at the Miller School starting with his eigth grade year. The last two seasons, Corbin has helped the Mavericks to back-to-back State championship games including helping Miller take home the title in 2009.

At the Atlantic Shores tournament in December, I gave Corbin the hustle award. He won the point guard matchup with Atlantic Shores junior Brandon Britt, holding Britt scoreless in the championship game. Britt had 29 total points in the first two games. Corbin (5-foot-10) forced Britt into a couple of turnovers and he did a nice job taking charges and pressuring the ball.

Corbin isn't a great outside shooter but he was often the fifth option in the offense behind three 6-7 post players and Rivals 4-star Mychal Parker on the outside. Playing with such an elite group, Corbin did his job running the team and playing exceptional defense.

"I think my strengths are my ability to defend, drive, find open guys, and attacking to the basket," Corbin said. "I typically do not look to shoot outside unless we get the ball inside out first." Corbin averaged 7 ppg and 7 apg. He had a 3.7 GPA.

802099.jpg

This post was edited on 6/14 9:11 AM by wgarlick

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News