ADVERTISEMENT

Monacan Lady Chiefs

AntGZee

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2015
I see that they have been putting in work, on the national level.

Yes we sure have. Out of our 8 wins... 4 of them have been against maxpreps or USA today top 10 nationally ranked teams. We also beat myrtle beach and cathedral who were not top 10 but both won the 6A state championships in Mass and SC last year and were both undefeated until we beat them. The lady chiefs just won the crescom classic by beating winder-barrow who had the numb 1 rated 6'4 JR class prospect. Of our 8 wins, 6 of them have been against top 25 teams depending on the polls. As I shared in an earlier thread our starters beat the Paul VI (#1 in the nation) starters 59-45 in a preseason scrimmage.

Honestly we have 4 really good players. One of them, Megan Walker can pretty much score whenever she wants to. We have 3 others that are better than the average HS girls bball player.

This is a once in a lifetime team for a piblic high school that doesn't recruit players. To anyone who lives in the Richmond area you should get over to a game and check them out.

Lots of good teams in the 804 and in the Dominion but beating Monacan this year is going to be a tallll task!

I've had a chance to see Monacan play the past 2 years for the state chip. I know that Megan Walker is a beast. The others on the team are way above average. They are very skilled. I don't see anyone in The Old Dominion state beating them. They'd have to be completely off their game to lose.

Yeah i would say 3 d1 college players.
2-3 others that may play somewhere also.

Reactions: AntGZee
Yes we sure have. Out of our 8 wins... 4 of them have been against maxpreps or USA today top 10 nationally ranked teams. We also beat myrtle beach and cathedral who were not top 10 but both won the 6A state championships in Mass and SC last year and were both undefeated until we beat them. The lady chiefs just won the crescom classic by beating winder-barrow who had the numb 1 rated 6'4 JR class prospect. Of our 8 wins, 6 of them have been against top 25 teams depending on the polls. As I shared in an earlier thread our starters beat the Paul VI (#1 in the nation) starters 59-45 in a preseason scrimmage.

Honestly we have 4 really good players. One of them, Megan Walker can pretty much score whenever she wants to. We have 3 others that are better than the average HS girls bball player.

This is a once in a lifetime team for a piblic high school that doesn't recruit players. To anyone who lives in the Richmond area you should get over to a game and check them out.

Lots of good teams in the 804 and in the Dominion but beating Monacan this year is going to be a tallll task!

Thanks for the nice write up on the team.

I watched them play when Walker was a soph - already knew by then she was a special player.

I totally agree about 'once in a lifetime' team - especially for public school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT