ADVERTISEMENT

Monacan

Didn’t look good in the preseason IMO and a lot of new faces. Plenty of playmakers though. I am hearing the team is getting better day by day. I am hoping we can pull it together. We also have 3-4 key injuries but the good news is we should be at full strength by game 5. At this point I think we can be solid and can be one of the 8 teams to make the playoffs but I would certainly have the likes of Dinwiddie, Varina, PHA Ashland ahead of us. Monacan has gone 4 years in a row without a feeder program. Gordon, Reams, and AM Davis feeders haven’t fielded anything more than a “minors” (9-10yr olds only) program in years. Starting to take its toll bc we have numerous kids on the varsity level who have never played football before. I’d say anywhere between a 5-5 and 9-1 is possible. I think Manchester has the potential to be special this year. Lots of middle of the pack football teams in the Dominion so should be interesting to see what happens. A lot depends on who wins the QB job and their play will dictate how good we are. Last year, I knew we were in the discussion for a state title run. This year, at this point, I don’t have that feeling. If we don’t get a lot better from the preseason showing it might be a long one. Of course, I desperately hope I am wrong!!

Didn’t look good in the preseason IMO and a lot of new faces. Plenty of playmakers though. I am hearing the team is getting better day by day. I am hoping we can pull it together. We also have 3-4 key injuries but the good news is we should be at full strength by game 5. At this point I think we can be solid and can be one of the 8 teams to make the playoffs but I would certainly have the likes of Dinwiddie, Varina, PHA Ashland ahead of us. Monacan has gone 4 years in a row without a feeder program. Gordon, Reams, and AM Davis feeders haven’t fielded anything more than a “minors” (9-10yr olds only) program in years. Starting to take its toll bc we have numerous kids on the varsity level who have never played football before. I’d say anywhere between a 5-5 and 9-1 is possible. I think Manchester has the potential to be special this year. Lots of middle of the pack football teams in the Dominion so should be interesting to see what happens. A lot depends on who wins the QB job and their play will dictate how good we are. Last year, I knew we were in the discussion for a state title run. This year, at this point, I don’t have that feeling. If we don’t get a lot better from the preseason showing it might be a long one. Of course, I desperately hope I am wrong!!
So there's no middle school football team feeding Monacan?

So there's no middle school football team feeding Monacan?
Chesterfield County does not have Middle School football. The rec leagues handle it all and right now the CQL is falling to wayside by all the "AAU" type football teams. Kids no longer growing up playing with their classmates.

@OCBoy - what is up with EV and the rest of the Battlefield District? What ya thinking this year?
Good response. Wish I could give you the same type of information you gave me but I’ve been out of the loop. After seeing some highlights of tonight’s game versus Culpeper it definitely appears to be a drop off in size on the lines etc. 1 game doesn’t define much but they still have some athletes and it appears Coach Lowery can run an offense. I think the Battlefield in general could be a toss up and it could come down to a few teams being co-champions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT