ADVERTISEMENT

Money has been raised for the rings with a day to spare

Have they considered defraying the cost by having some coaches and non-players order something other than gold? I know that having a gold ring sounds good but really you're not going to wear it much.

Have they considered defraying the cost by having some coaches and non-players order something other than gold? I know that having a gold ring sounds good but really you're not going to wear it much.
Idk Phantom but that's a good thought.

I lost or, uh, probably donated my ring to somebody within a month.

If all they need to raise is $18,000, none of them are getting real gold. Rarely does anybody get real gold. The college players don't get real gold. Gold is $1100 an ounce. One mens championship ring in real gold would be $1500+ (if not a lot more).

I doubt Salem will have any problem raising money for those kids and coaches

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
If all they need to raise is $18,000, none of them are getting real gold. Rarely does anybody get real gold. The college players don't get real gold. Gold is $1100 an ounce. One mens championship ring in real gold would be $1500+ (if not a lot more).

I doubt Salem will have any problem raising money for those kids and coaches

Gold as in color, not as in the actual metal. The gold-plated rings cost more than the silver ones.

Doesn't Salem have a Booster Club ? Looks to me like Booster Club could pay if they have one. As good of program that Salem has, I would like to think they have a booster club. If not, I'd like to think there's $18,000 floating around Salem somewhere.

Doesn't Salem have a Booster Club ? Looks to me like Booster Club could pay if they have one. As good of program that Salem has, I would like to think they have a booster club. If not, I'd like to think there's $18,000 floating around Salem somewhere.
They have a booster club, but I doubt they have that much sitting around uncommitted to other projects. $12,000 has now been raised. The City of Salem used to pay for rings, but when Salem won 6 in a 10 year stretch between '96-'05 in football alone that stretched things too thin I guess.

Reactions: salemfan32
Boosters could help, maybe not the full amount but something , trust me.

So Salem has 7k to 10k fans at games and there is not enough money floating around to help with the rings . Hmmmm
The city used to pay for the rings, but the economy made that an obsolete past time. (Maybe the city ran out of ring money after 6 titles in 10 years from '96-'05) Since then there was a 9 year drought till this past year. Maybe Salem should start paying for rings again, I wouldn't mind paying a bit more in taxes if it meant another good 10 year title run!

Set a little aside each year in a "Ring Fund". Then when you win one, money is there. This is done at some schools.

I would like to think there's someone who could write a check for total amount. There are a few "high rollers" around.

So Salem has 7k to 10k fans at games and there is not enough money floating around to help with the rings . Hmmmm

Salem has 10k maybe once every few years and full stadiums(~7,200) only a few times a year at best. Either of those scenarios being met requires other fanbases doing their jobs and frankly, there's about 1-2 teams on Salem's usual schedule with fanbases who travel(and even then only when good, it's been a damn solid decade since Pulaski brought that many to Salem) and even then they don't really bring a capacity crowd. Beyond that the only other chance is a playoff game against a local team with a decent fanbase(GW-Danville was well past capacity last year) but given the new playoff system those chances are rare as well.

Salem doesn't have some rinky-dink away stands, you need to bring well over 2,000 people to fill it out and the overwhelming amount of teams in this state don't have fanbases who can do that.

Reactions: salemfan32
Salem has 10k maybe once every few years and full stadiums(~7,200) only a few times a year at best. Either of those scenarios being met requires other fanbases doing their jobs and frankly, there's about 1-2 teams on Salem's usual schedule with fanbases who travel(and even then only when good, it's been a damn solid decade since Pulaski brought that many to Salem) and even then they don't really bring a capacity crowd. Beyond that the only other chance is a playoff game against a local team with a decent fanbase(GW-Danville was well past capacity last year) but given the new playoff system those chances are rare as well.

Salem doesn't have some rinky-dink away stands, you need to bring well over 2,000 people to fill it out and the overwhelming amount of teams in this state don't have fanbases who can do that.
As of yesterday $16,800 has been raised. Only $1,200 left to raise with Friday being the deadline. Real close now!

Northside has been bringing a good crowd the last several times. They kind of filled the void Pulaski left up until this past year. This year's home games should be better with Amherst, Northside, and Patrick Henry home. Carroll Co is looking to get out of the RRD, Franklin Co wants in the RRD. Not sure when that would take effect if it comes to fruition. The new scheduling cycle is '17.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT