ADVERTISEMENT

More Prayers Needed: Dinwiddie HS

BleedingNavy

VaPreps All District
Dec 4, 2013
This morning there was an explosion in the chemistry lab at Dinwiddie HS. Three students and a teacher (football assistant) were injured. Two of the students were airlifted to the MCV Burn Center. I do not have any further details at this time. There is a news article on WTVR 6 if you desire to know about the incident.

Please pray for the injured, families, and school staff. Special thanks to the Dinwiddie Fire Department, Dinwiddie Sheriff's Office, and Medflight for the quick response.

I would like to caution everyone to be careful about taking much of the information that is circulating as fact. As often happens when a situation like this occurs, rumors take on a life of their own.

At the proper time, the appropriate authorities will release a statement.

But, do please remember those that were injured, and others that have been affected, in your thoughts and prayers.

The Dinwiddie community thanks you.

Like Bleeding Navy said above, my hats off to the emergency responders. They did a remarkable job of handling a chaotic situation. Understandably, many parents were frantic to be sure their child was ok, and many didn’t want to detered from entering the school. Of course, that could not be permitted. The officers had their hands full at times but they maintained their poise and treated the many frightened parents with respect and understanding.

One of the first responders is my neighbor and he stopped by my home on his way to his house this evening. Today took its toll on him. He looked ashen from the stress. Not that the injured are in grave condition, because they have serious injuries, but are not critical, but simply because the kids in our school, the families in our community have been through a traumatic event. These people are not nameless and faceless but rather our friends and neighbors. People we socialize with, attend church with, attend school events with. So, as my neighbor had to stop vehicles and direct the cars to a special area, these were his frightened friends and neighbors. He provided reassurance as best as he could, but it was an extremely difficult day for him as it was for everyone.

We hope that you will continue to hold the victims and their families in your prayers. Join us in giving thanks that no lives were lost and the injuries will heal in time. Thank you again from the Dinwiddie community.

I spoke to the brother of one of the injured who was airlifted tonight at church. He informed me she was in pain, but was stable. She is such a beautiful young lady both in and out. I know she will need to not only heal physically, but mentally as well. Please keep her, the other injured and the community in your prayers. Life is so short and can be taken so quickly. May God bless everyone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT