3. Sherando
4. Pulaski
5. GW
6. Salem
7. Woodgrove
8. Kettle Run
9. Jefferson Forest
10. Loudoun County

This took me 30 seconds to move teams around @LancerDad. Just trying to create discussion and see others top tens

Last edited:
East:
1. Lafayette
2. Eastern View
3. Monacan
4. Dinwiddie
5. Louisa
6. Lake Taylor
7. Midlothian
8. Huguenot
9. Deep Creek
10. Courtland

West:
1. Blacksburg
2. Glass
3. Sherando
4. Pulaski
5. GW
6. Salem
7. Woodgrove
8. Kettle Run
9. Jefferson Forest
10. Loudoun County

This took me 30 seconds to move teams around @LancerDad. Just trying to create discussion and see others top tens
Well, I can tell you now that you will be vilified by the Louisa and Courtland fans!

Reactions: 1Gensfan and OCBoy
My Top 10
East
1. Lafayette
2. Eastern View
3. Dinwiddie
4. Lake Taylor
5. Louisa County
6. Monacan
7. Midlothian
8. Deep Creek
9. King’s Fork
10. Courtland

OLI - Huguenot, Powhatan
(outside looking in)

West

1. Blacksburg
2. Sherando
3. E.C. Glass
4. Woodgrove
5. Pulaski County
6. Salem
7. Jefferson Forest
8. G.W. Danville
9. Kettle Run
10. Loudoun County

OLI - Millbrook, Byrd
(outside looking in)

As a Louisa fan I think that ranking is fair. The two best teams we beat this year we did so without their players in the game. Louisa’s season has been amazing with all they have replaced this year including Brandon Smith essentially not playing any offense, 10 out of 11 starters on offense and 8 out of 11 on defense. The Lions are capable of making some noise in the playoffs but I don’t think a number 5 ranking is any kind of disrespect.

East:
1. Lafayette
2. Eastern View
3. Monacan
4. Dinwiddie
5. Louisa
6. Lake Taylor
7. Midlothian
8. Huguenot
9. Deep Creek
10. Courtland

West:
1. Blacksburg
2. Glass
3. Sherando
4. Pulaski
5. GW
6. Salem
7. Woodgrove
8. Kettle Run
9. Jefferson Forest
10. Loudoun County

I don't know man if you're gonna put Eastern View that high you I think you have to put Louisa right up there too. They've both played equally as challenging schedules I think and there's just little to go off of. I think it's weird to say that EV is ahead of Monacan and Dinwiddie but Louisa isn't. Neither team has really proved themselves yet. That being said, Western Albemarle is now 7-2 and in the Top 10 for Class 3 so that's something. The best team Eastern View has beaten is Courtland by 29 and Louisa beat them by 35.

The playoffs will sort everything out, but I think you need to rank EV and Louisa right next to each other, whether it's ahead of Dinwiddie and Monacan or behind.

Reactions: OCBoy
I don't know man if you're gonna put Eastern View that high you I think you have to put Louisa right up there too. They've both played equally as challenging schedules I think and there's just little to go off of. I think it's weird to say that EV is ahead of Monacan and Dinwiddie but Louisa isn't. Neither team has really proved themselves yet. That being said, Western Albemarle is now 7-2 and in the Top 10 for Class 3 so that's something. The best team Eastern View has beaten is Courtland by 29 and Louisa beat them by 35.

The playoffs will sort everything out, but I think you need to rank EV and Louisa right next to each other, whether it's ahead of Dinwiddie and Monacan or behind.
I have my reasons for having EV over them and it’s based off what Chancellor and Courtland fans have said. Your right they could be above those two. Post your top tens?

Last edited:
Reactions: BigBWincCity
Pretty good list. Many may argue about moving Louisa above Monacan and Dinwiddie, but I think they both beat Louisa head to head. Courtland played their best game of the year against EV and got manhandled, they are indeed fortunate to be in your top ten. I think Woodgrove is probably better than 7th best in the West, but I don't know enough about the other teams to say who they should be ranked ahead of, perhaps 5th place ahead of GW and Salem. Again, pretty damn good stab at it.

Pretty good list. Many may argue about moving Louisa above Monacan and Dinwiddie, but I think they both beat Louisa head to head. Courtland played their best game of the year against EV and got manhandled, they are indeed fortunate to be in your top ten. I think Woodgrove is probably better than 7th best in the West, but I don't know enough about the other teams to say who they should be ranked ahead of, perhaps 5th place ahead of GW and Salem. Again, pretty damn good stab at it.
I know nothing about many of those teams. I just post them to create conversation.
It will be interesting to see your comparisons of Louisa and EV after next week.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
I know nothing about many of those teams. I just post them to create conversation.
It will be interesting to see your comparisons of Louisa and EV after next week.
I can assure you that EV will be more impressive. Just studying film, I can tell you their defense may be better than last year. Their special teams is the best I have seen. The only drop off that I can detect is a slight dropoff in o-line play. If EV and Louisa were to play I would say EV by two TDs.

Looking forward to the Spotsy Courtland game. Spotsy run game was the only one to give EV any problem....and that was on a very sloppy field so that was hard to judge. Could be their first W over Courtland in a while.

Don't let the Courtland/Louisa score fool you...JC sat some starters for some reason. He either knew they wouldn't win and was saving them or they were nicked up. Two of the three running backs sat for that game and as vanilla as he calls plays that virtually assured Louisa would shut them out.

Looking forward to the Spotsy Courtland game. Spotsy run game was the only one to give EV any problem....and that was on a very sloppy field so that was hard to judge. Could be their first W over Courtland in a while.
Might be a real good game. I would guess something in the neighborhood of 28-27. Spotsy has to contain Zin.

@OCBoy I believe you made these same comment last year saying other teams that played both saying EV is better than Louisa. Maybe you'll get it right this year cause you was wrong last year.

@OCBoy I believe you made these same comment last year saying other teams that played both saying EV is better than Louisa. Maybe you'll get it right this year cause you was wrong last year.
Wouldn’t know they never played. These games are all about matchups. Would only know if they went head to head. As for them not getting to play last year your right Dinwiddie beat EV.
Welcome back Hoos, why ask for your profile to be deleted to come right back?

all these guesses and maybes and might happen. ill say it again louisa hurts themselves if they can clean up their act they can win against any of those teams. like last year nobody thought they would go to the chiefs or the gens and win but they did and they played the state champs heads up till 5 to go in the championship so it can be done BUT I do think the east list is pretty good. I do also recall last year those same teams saying the same thing in comparison from the teams louisa beat and they were all wrong especially courtland and they found out the second time around when they were sure they would beat them. this is why we play the game so we will know for sure..

It is all about matchups. From the sideline EV seemed to be the better opponent last year. We will never know who would have won that matchup. Can't underestimate the psychological strength that Louisa played with last year.

East:
1. Lafayette
2. Lake Taylor
3. Louisa
4. Eastern View
5. Dinwiddie
6. Monacan
7. Midlothian
8. Powhatan
9. Deep Creek
10. Huguenot

West:
1. Blacksburg
2. EC Glass
3. Sherando
4. Pulaski
5. GW danville
6. Woodgrove
7. Salem
8. Jefferson Forest
9. Loudoun County
10. Kettle Run

Louisa is the team to beat. Coach Patrick has done a fine job woth the Lions the past two seasons. This years team has surprised me somewhat. Now the JD is about as bad as it has ever been. I hope my Flucos stay healthy after this week to give us a shot at a playoff win. Coach Patrick should be up for coach of the year in that respected region for what he has done the past two seasons.

Louisa is the team to beat. Coach Patrick has done a fine job woth the Lions the past two seasons. This years team has surprised me somewhat. Now the JD is about as bad as it has ever been. I hope my Flucos stay healthy after this week to give us a shot at a playoff win. Coach Patrick should be up for coach of the year in that respected region for what he has done the past two seasons.
After the first half at Madison (trailing 21-7) I did not see many positives for the Flucos. But an entirely different team came out of the locker room!

Reactions: blackknight_pride
After the first half at Madison (trailing 21-7) I did not see many positives for the Flucos. But an entirely different team came out of the locker room!

I like what our coaching staff has done this season. I was worried after the first half that game that it would be another troublesome season. However our coaching staff actually coaches and makes adjustments. We had a tough one vs Western on Friday, but I like the direction we are heading and hope this direction continues. We are not a state caliber program, but we aren't the bottom of the barrel at least for this season.

It should be an interesting game between Louisa and Fluvanna this Friday since both coaches were on the same coaching staff at one time. Coach Morris coached the Louisa JV's to their first Jefferson District Championship over Western before going to Powell Valley and Union

East
1. Lafayette
2. Lake Taylor
3. Louisa
4. EV
5. Dinwiddie
6. Monacan
7. Kings Fork
8. Warhill
9. Heritage
10. Midlothian

West
1. Sherando
2. E.C. Glass
3. Blacksburg
4. G.W. Danville
5. William Byrd
6. Pulaski
7. Kettle Run
8. Salem
9. Woodgrove
10. Millbrook

West
1.Sherando
2. Blacksburg
3. Woodgrove
4. Glass
5. Salem
6. Pulaski
7. Kettle Run
8. JF
9. GW
10. Loudoun County

Well, here you go...EV beats Louisa by 2-3 scores head to head. They are better than last year, while Louisa is down a bit from last year. Not sure about how Dinwiddie or the other compare to last year, but look out for EV, they are for real.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT