ADVERTISEMENT

My Final Top 10

Central Wise is likely better than Nottoway and frankly Clarke Co may be as well. Nottoway beat the teams they faced but there wasn’t anyone that you looked at that they beat and pointed out as a high quality win.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
Central Wise is likely better than Nottoway and frankly Clarke Co may be as well. Nottoway beat the teams they faced but there wasn’t anyone that you looked at that they beat and pointed out as a high quality win.
Agreed. When KW played them, you could tell that they hadn't played anyone remotely close to KW, while they were probably the 5th or 6th best team that KW played this season

On a different note I saw some coverage on 24/7 of HS players ( from Graham, Lord Bot., LCA,) and where they were going...but no mention of Claiborne. I was a little disappointed as he really was the class of the field in all of 2A and most of the other classifications...at least in my opinion.

On a different note I saw some coverage on 24/7 of HS players ( from Graham, Lord Bot., LCA,) and where they were going...but no mention of Claiborne. I was a little disappointed as he really was the class of the field in all of 2A and most of the other classifications...at least in my opinion.

I think a lot of that stemmed from him being a long time commit to Wake. The 2 guys from graham and at least one from Lord Botetourt didn’t make a final decision on their college until signing day. It’s all about news grabs.

Clarke was the same team all season. Other teams they beat early in the season improved later in the season and probably could have beaten Clarke then.

Reactions: VAHoops1
Central (Wise) was a better team than Union by the end of the season in my opinion. Not knocking your list though.

I think KW is deservingly and clearly numero uno. For the G-Men, their fans will be left wondering what if regarding both starting linebackers being out of that game. One of them an all-state type LB, and the other returns this year and will likely be an All Stater. Add to that the QB who was borderline All State, and just to much to overcome against a great team like KW. It would be the equivalent of KW coming into that game without it's QB, and then having their best defensive player out, and also having its 3rd or 4th best defensive player out. That's what the G-Men didn't have.

KW was a team for the ages. Will be and should talked about as one of the greats ones in 2A football. I hate it for any team that suffers injury late. This is not to take away from the deserving team and champs who is KW. Even in Appo's defense against Graham, Appo with several starters out up at Mitchell Stadium, and just not the same team. You want to see every team at its best, and it just wasn't the case with Graham or Appo. I think KW still wins the title, but that game with Graham would have been nailbitingly close, but I would still take KW to win it in a close one.

KW fan, I love your top 10 and I agree with it except, I think I would have Poquoson at 9th ahead of my Bobcats and Nottoway. I know their record didn't show it, but Nottoway was largely a product of a fairly weak schedule, and before this season, Poquoson and Nottoway had similar resume's and Poquoson beat them a year ago. I think Poquoson would have beat them again. KW blew out Poquoson and Nottoway in the region, but Poquoson played KW much tougher.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT