ADVERTISEMENT

My Personal Top 10

kwhs95fan

VaPreps All Region
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2006
Nothing official here. Just my opinion based on how things have gone thus far.

1. Essex
2. Altavista
3. Rye Cove
4. George Wythe
5. Rappahannock
6. Eastside
7. Honaker
8. Buffalo Gap
9. Northumberland
10. Grayson Co

Reactions: District2sports
After suffering an injury in a scrimmage earlier this season, starting QB Zay Bundy made his return back in the Franklin game this past Friday. He’s now on defense. That already strong defense has gotten a little stronger with his addition. Who knows…may even see him on offense from time to time.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
The War Eagles of Rye Cove (when level headed) are one of the stingiest defensive teams I've seen. The offense has multiple weapons that can unleash terror at any given moment. They lost a key player to a broken collarbone, but his backup(s) played great this week. It will be interesting to see the match up between the War Eagles and Eastside Spartans coming up here very soon. I still believe the two teams out east have the upper hand, but these boys from FAR Southwest Virginia are going to be a tough out this year.

The War Eagles of Rye Cove (when level headed) are one of the stingiest defensive teams I've seen. The offense has multiple weapons that can unleash terror at any given moment. They lost a key player to a broken collarbone, but his backup(s) played great this week. It will be interesting to see the match up between the War Eagles and Eastside Spartans coming up here very soon. I still believe the two teams out east have the upper hand, but these boys from FAR Southwest Virginia are going to be a tough out this year.
The Qb for Rye Cove is a very good athlete. I haven't seen a whole game of theirs yet, but I have seen some.

After suffering an injury in a scrimmage earlier this season, starting QB Zay Bundy made his return back in the Franklin game this past Friday. He’s now on defense. That already strong defense has gotten a little stronger with his addition. Who knows…may even see him on offense from time to time.
Is Bundy not going to return to the starting qb position?

1. Altavista
2. Essex
3. Buffalo Gap
4. George Wythe
5. Rye Cove
6. Rappahannock
7. Grayson Co
8. Honaker
9. Northumberland
10. Sussex Central

Is Bundy not going to return to the starting qb position?
Not sure. At this point, Hence is handling things just fine. It’s one of those deals where both are good so might as well leave Hence back there to keep the chemistry. Bundy is a beast on both sides of the ball. So him going to defense is a plus for that side of the ball.

Reminds me of the 2008 and/or 2009 season when Essex had Haime Hence and Chuck Samuels as RBs. They moved Chuck to the LB position to tighten up the defense. That 2009 State Champ year, Hence was a top RB and Samuels was Defensive Player of the year. During those seasons, Samuels also got some plays in on offense. I can see Bundy getting some offensive time in too if needed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT